Back Again

"What brings you here?"

He just stared at me for a second, probably thinking of what to say. My eyes darted from side to side somewhat awkwardly before my gaze met his again.

He cleared his throat.

"I want you, to come with me." He told me while holding out a hand.

I blinked at his hand before looking back up at him confused.

"Um, What? Where are we going?" I asked almost reaching out also, but I wanted to know where we were going first.

"To my pack." He answered and I paused before pulling my hand away.

"I..Don't get me wrong Kale, I'd love to see your pack but...I-I don't think that'd be a good idea."

He frowned at me, he looked confused, and I didn't blame him. I hadn't told him I was the Omega of my pack. Going to another pack, they wouldn't like me at all, I just knew they wouldn't.

"Why not?" He asked while I took a step back.

"I, I don't...belong." I said softly, it was a weak excuse.

"Have you ever visited another pack?" He asked and I looked at the ground sheepishly.

"I...no."

"Then how do you know?" He asked and I bit my lip.

"But, my pack-"

"Doesn't care about you." I winced at that. Kale's expression softened. "Aubrey, you know that."

I fidgeted with the door in my hands. "I do...it's just, hard to hear."

He stood there awkwardly before stepping forward, he pushed the door open a little more as he pulled me close in a hug. It startled me, I didn't ever expect him to do something like that.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so blunt." He apologized, but I didn't say anything.

It was probably something I needed to hear. But why did he have to use it as a point to get me to leave?

"Maybe for a few days." I murmured.

"You want to come back here?" He asked pulling away to look at me.

I snorted rolling my eyes.

"Well it's not like I can live in your pack." I laughed before pausing as he stared at me.

"Why not?"

I blinked at him.

"W-What? You want me to live in your pack? I can't do that!" I shook my head pulling away from him.

"Why not?" He asked and I gazed at him.

"Because, b-because...my pack..I-I can't just leave." I shook my head.

Kale frowned at me again and hummed.
"You like it here, I can see that much. But you aren't even giving my pack a chance."

I folded my arms.

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Come with me, just for a little bit. If you don't like it you...you can come back here, and I won't bother you again."

That was hard for him to say, and needless to say I didn't really like it either.

"I don't want you to stop bothering me Kale..I'd still like to see you, even if I don't live in your pack." I told him softly and thought to my self before holding out a hand.

"You can still visit me if I don't like it in your pack...ok?"

Kale stared at me and then looked at my hand for a minute before taking it in his and shaking my hand.

"Alright. When do you want to leave?" He asked, letting me decide.

I looked back at my cabin and then at our hands that were still connected.

"Uh." My cheeks lit up as I quickly pulled my hand away from his. "T-Tomorrow. Yeah, we can leave tomorrow." I told him sheepishly, while scratching the back of my head. He hummed before nodding.

"Alright."

We stood there for a minute before I opened the door fully.

"Do you want to come in?"

He paused before looking at me up and down.

"Are you going out?"

"I-I was."

"Then I'll just come with you."

"Yeah sure, Ok." I said quickly and came outside shutting the door behind me.
What was wrong with me? Why was I acting this way?