𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

•*•

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

"You look..." Daphne tried, but didn't know how to finish. Of course she thought Johanna looked great. She always did, but her clothing was... "You should be glad there are no monkey's here, you'd have quite a problem."

"Very funny," she said, although a small smile crept on her face.

They were waiting for the chariot rides to begin, and Daphne was trying to take everyone in. Possible threats, and maybe people who liked Johanna enough to not try and kill her right away.

"You're looking dazzling as usual," Daphne focussed back on her friend, noticing that Finnick had joined their little group.

"Are you gonna put some clothes on?" Johanna asked, tugging at the nets. Blight rolled his eyes.

"I know you'd prefer it if I didn't," he winked, and at Johanna's laugh, Daphne huffed in annoyance. Apparently a bit too loud, because Finnick shifted her attention to her. "You're looking bothered. Am I too distracting?"

"Yeah, but not in the way you think," Daphne said, letting her fingers trail through the manes of the horse. "More like an annoying mosquito when you're trying to sleep."

Finnick smiled a bright smile at that, and she hated to admit that he was rather handsome, she supposed. "As much as I like annoying you three, I should check the other fish in the pond," Daphne followed his gaze, which seemed set on the one and only Girl on Fire, who was now alone. She almost felt bad for her. "I'll see you later."

They watched him walk away, and Blight was the first one to speak. "He really thinks a lot of himself, doesn't he?"

"Well," Johanna said. "He does have the looks to back it up."

Daphne huffed with the roll of her eyes. "He's not that special," she muttered, stepping away from the horses. The district 1 tributes began setting up in their chariot, it wouldn't be long before they were off. "You should probably get ready."

She helped Johanna and Blight in the chariot, even though they were capable of getting in without her. "Try not to yell."

"As if they'd hear me over those damned drums," Johanna rolled her eyes, and Daphne stepped back, joining some other people near the wall.

Her eyes seemed to be unable to leave Johanna's chariot until it was out of sight. A voice disturbed her before that could happen, though. "You're district 7, right?"

She turned to meet a man with blonde hair, leaning against the wall. She'd seen him before, she was sure of it. "Haymitch, district 12, right?" She asked, joining him against the wall. "You've got quite a reputation."

"Well," he said. "Trouble is what we're here for, isn't it?" There was more behind the question, Daphne just wasn't sure what it was.

"If we wanted trouble we could've stayed in the districts," she tried. Maybe, just maybe he knew more than she did. Maybe he had a plan.

He quirked his eyebrow shortly, then looked back at the almost empty hallway, the music so loud it even reached inside. The screaming of the Capitol people was overwhelming. "I suppose that's true, although," Daphne's eyes came to rest on him. He did know something. "The real problems will start soon enough. You just gotta know who you want as allies."

Daphne held his gaze for a second, looking back at the last leaving Chariot. "You have to find people who want the same thing as you. I can't decide that, but I'll bring it up."

He nodded. "Fair enough," and to not cause too much suspicion, Haymitch left her alone against the wall as he went to find some people he knew.

***

Soon the Chariot's came back, and Johanna seemed rather annoyed. Daphne frowned. "What's wrong?"

"What isn't?" She snapped.

Before Daphne could answer, Blight cut in. "I'm going --"

"No one cares! You can do whatever you want," Johanna said, not even watching as he raised his eyebrows but left without a word.

She seemed rather prickly, which wasn't weird, seeing her current situation. "Do you want to go to the district 7 floor?" Daphne asked, rather than to press her into talking.

"Yeah, sure," Daphne followed her, and saw the grin sprout when she saw the Girl on Fire and her lover. "Wanna have some fun?"

She stepped in the elevator a moment before the doors began to slide close, Daphne barely made it in. Johanna gave the two tributes a glance. "You guys look amazing,"

"Thank you," Katniss said, looking a bit uneasy. Peeta was giving Daphne a quick smile, but didn't have a chance to greet her, for Johanna's hands moved to her hair, tugging the long pins out as she turned around.

"My stylist is such an idiot," she said, throwing whatever came out of her hair to the floor. "District 7, lumber, trees," her hair fell down in a long ponytail. She moved on to her bracelets. "I'd love to put an ax in her face."

The looks the district twelve tributes and their mentor were exchanging were amusing, but Daphne wondered what Johanna was doing.

"So what do you think, now that the whole world wants to sleep with you?"

Katniss scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I don't think that --"

Johanna looked over her shoulder; "I wasn't talking to you," she said, causing Daphne to snort loudly.

Katniss raised an eyebrow at the sound. "Okay,"

Turning her back towards the tributes again, Johanna stepped closer to Peeta. "Unzip?"

Without much complaining, he unzipped the outfit, and Daphne felt her cheeks heat up. She wanted to have fun with them, but turns out, she was getting a bonus.

Holding eye contact with Peeta, Johanna began actually undressing. Daphne tried to look at anything else. Katniss looked rather uncomfortable, but both men looked rather gleeful as she sighed, pushing the outfit down to the floor. She kept standing, grinning and not turning around or covering herself. She made eye contact with Peeta and Haymitch, winking at the latter. Daphne was staring at the floor, although she tried to not make it too obvious.

The door slid open on their floor, and Johanna turned around. "Thanks," she stepped out of the elevator. "Let's do it again sometime."

Daphne followed her friend, muttering incohesive thoughts under her breath. She heard Haymitch say; "Thank you," before the doors began closing again, and the girls were walking further away.

Daphne was still fighting her blush, which was hard when Johanna was literally naked in front of her. "Why did you --" Daphne began, realizing her thoughts were less organized than she liked. "Didn't know you like being naked that much."

"It was fun, wasn't it?" She asked over her shoulder. "Wouldn't want to be in that thing a moment longer. I need a shower."

"Yeah," Daphne said, keeping her eyes on the floor. "I'll just be, here, you know."

She turned around with a grin. "Aw, did I make you uncomfortable?"

"I mean, a heads-up would have been nice,"

"That's no fun," she began moving to her room again. "Your reaction was almost as amusing as Katniss'."

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

(a/n): to be honest i'm not very happy with the next couple of chapters, but i'm tired of rewriting them so take it or leave it i suppose!