Chapter Fifty Five • Destruction, Chaos and Tears

I am not kidding you, this broke one me in so many ways. The chapter is not as long as it usually is, just fyi!

-Jade-

The tip of the sword pierced the girl's throat, above her clavicle. Jade screamed in despair as she forced the tip and then whole sword down into her flesh. The feeling of the blade sinking into the girl almost caused Jade to vomit. There was a crushing sound as she destroyed her throat as well, which caused her to tremble.

Jade used the weight of her own body to force it down until she could feel it reach the frozen ground beneath them.

With tears streaming down her face she closed her eyes and hung from the handle of the sword and shuddered as she kept crying.

Please... No more... Jade thought and let out an exhausted whimper. Her hands were shaking, and she felt them tremble as she slowly let her grip around the sword's shaft loosen somewhat.

Jade had seen the girl draw the knife, but she hadn't been quick enough. There had been no time for her to run over before the knife was buried deep inside William.

Jade opened her eyes and stared right down on the girl. Her poison green eyes were looking straight at her, but no one was there. The person looking at her was an empty shell of whom she hated more than anything... Deep down, Jade felt furious that she had gotten away so easily when she had tried to steal so much from Jade. The maniac deserved worse than what she had gotten. However, there was nothing that could be change what had happened now...

Finally! Jade thought and felt exhausted with relief.

"Jade." Her name was uttered in very grave tone.

Jade turned around at the sound of William's father. Her heart broke at the sight that met her; The king was sitting by his son and had dragged him up into his lap. Jade's eyes dropped from the king's saddened eyes to William's face. He was pale already.

Jade whimpered out loud at the sight. She pressed her bloody hands against her mouth and over her nose.

"I don't know how long he has left." The king sighed and tears fell from his blue eyes. Jade shook her head and felt more tears roll down her cheeks. "Please, be with him. I must find a doctor, or someone that can help him." He begged her. Jade crawled over to them in the freezing snow.

They switched places, trying their very best not to cause William any discomfort. The king placed William's shoulders in her lap, and she let his head rest in her left arm as she placed her right hand against his chest.

"Jade..." William sighed, sounding very tired.

"Yes." She sniffled and towered over him, cradling his head. He lifted his hand and wiped away the tears on her cheek.

"Please stay." He breathed heavily as he spoke. The large hand fell down a bit and his thumb stroked her lower lip, like he always did. Jade pressed his hand against the side of her face and gasped quietly into it when she felt he cold he was.

"I am not going anywhere." She whispered and stroked his left cheek tenderly. "Neither are you."

William coughed and groaned in pain as the slightest movement seemed caused him great pain.

"I am not supposed to promise you things I can't keep, remember?" He said quietly and Jade whimpered. "You told me that. I think I have lost a lot of blood and that..." He suddenly turned quiet as talking seemed to drain him of his strength. Jade hushed him and watched as several large tears fell onto his chest.

"But you never listened, so why would you now?" She sighed and new waves of tears streamed down her face as she caressed his face. "You cannot leave me now, William." She whispered and stroked his cheek with her thumb as she drowned in his dark blues eyes, fearing that it might be the last time.