Chapter four: We need to shut up

𝙒𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙪𝙩 𝙪𝙥

𝙒𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙪𝙩 𝙪𝙥

Cami and I got detention.

I don't usually get detention, but when I do, it's always alongside Cami and to do with our constant need to ramble on and on about pointless things together just to make time go faster. This time, it was in English.

This lesson was analysing the theory that Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet is a gay character. I was engrossed in this lesson. In particular, the gayness of this lesson. If you know me, you know that I'm not a big fan of English, so being interested for once in this lesson is kind of a clue to Cami about my mystery sexuality. However, she's not observant enough to catch on.

Cami's the opposite. She loves literature almost as much as she loves history. I think it's because you can link them together or something. I can never understand it as I hate History. But it's weird. It's like she just didn't want to pay attention to this lesson. She's never been like that before. Usually, she uses any other class apart from history and English to chat with me.

Evidently, to purposely not focus on this lesson, she begins to chat nonsense to me. Me being me, I chat rubbish back. We were quiet, but we didn't hide the fact that we were talking. We got, like, two warnings before we got sanctioned. To be honest, we found it funny. I've never liked my English teacher.

I admit it. We sometimes don't know when to shut up. It's like something switches in our brains, and the incapability to close our mouths and stop talking is granted to us. And that's why we're walking into detention.

I'm not surprised to see Alex sat at a desk in the back row. Not surprised, but still irked.

He's giving us his usual smirk, to which we both cast him a stink eye as we walk to the complete other side of the classroom. The fact that he's watching us makes my cheeks heat up a bit, and I pray that he doesn't notice.

It isn't the first time I've seen him today as we do share some classes, which is weird because he told me he wasn't coming into school today, but since he's looking right at us, more so at me, the embarrassment for sketching that fucking picture that looked kind of similar to him comes creeping in. I don't think the feeling is going to go anywhere soon while I'm in the same room as him.

Of course, I threw it away. I wasn't going to keep a picture of something that looks like Alex in my room. That's odd. Merely the fact that I drew something like that makes me feel insanely uncomfortable, never mind keeping the thing.

"How come you're in school?" I ask as I sit down.

"Changed my mind. Not free after this, though."