In which I'm unsure (8)

*Unedited (I feel so bad every time I write this but wygd)*

I didn't know the boys' club had only four members until I listened in to a conversation between three students. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but the moment I heard my name, I stopped in place around the corner in the hallways.

I had a study hall, but I didn't have anything to do so I decided to roam around the school. I was worried I'll get lost, so I turned back to the dorms. That was when I heard my name.

"That newbie actually got in their club," One of the boys said.

"Maybe they were pranking him or something." Another said, voicing the same doubt I had.

"You think so? I've never seen them prank anyone before. Sure, they bring troubles wherever they go, but pranking or bullying was never something they did."

My ears perked at the third boy's words.

Troubles? They didn't really seem like trouble makers. But then again, I didn't know much about any of them.

I was only here for about three days.

"But isn't weird they let him join? They've been a four members club since their freshman year. I've never heard of anyone getting in their club before, not to mention someone like him," The first boy grumbled, and all I could hear was They've been a four members club since their freshman year.

So yesterday at our club meeting, no one else was supposed to so up. I thought maybe they had something to do and couldn't come. Now, this whole thing is starting to get... even weirder.

"Yeah, did you see him? I bet I could finish him in three seconds. In fact, I heard a few students are making bets who could finish him faster." I froze, feeling my heart starting to beat faster.

This was not what I wanted. I wanted to become invisible- not get the entire school to make a bet on who will break me faster.

As long as I was in the four boys' club, I wouldn't be able to go undetected.

But then, what was I supposed to do?

I felt like crying. I wanted to go back home.

Not caring about the rest of the day, I made my way to my room and decided to not go out until tomorrow.

Maybe by then, I'll think of something.

*

The next day I still had no idea what to do. I could just go up to Wes and tell him I wanted to join a different club, but at the same time I felt bad about it.

Still, I couldn't stop thinking about the supposed bet. What if it was true? It would make my last school look fun in comparison to this one.

"Sammy-boy!" The sound of Wes's voice shook me from my thoughts.

Should I run, avoid all of them in hopes they'll get the message?

I didn't get to decide because of the arm around my shoulder.

"Hey, you didn't show up to clubs' hour yesterday," Wes said, leaning a bit towards me as we walked to class.

I shrank under his arm, still not used to anyone touching me. I also felt guilty because I was thinking of leaving their club. They wouldn't mind though, right? Seeing as they were so secluded from the entire school, maybe they wanted to stay a four members club.

Maybe the school forced them to start accepting more students. Perhaps I seemed like a good choice because they thought I would be easy to manipulate into lying to the school I was in their club.