Rain

I know a couple of you have submitted your requests and I'm not ignoring them, I'm just stressing from school and trying to stay healthy during self isolation! hope y'all are too! I will write your requests as soon as summer gets here but for now I hope this chapter will do! It's currently raining right now and the weather is just so beautiful and calming so that's what inspired this chapter. enjoy :p

Y/N POV

I sit on my window sill watching as each drop of rain races others as it trickles down to the bottom. The sound of the light patting it makes as it hits the window relaxes me. Lifting my hand to the cold glass I sigh and lean my forehead against it, loving how cool it feels against my skin.

"Go outside, I can tell you want to," my best friend Leigh-Anne tells me as she walks out from the kitchen with two mugs of hot cocoa. She sets one down on the table, motioning her head towards it to let me know it's for me.

"Really?"

"Why not? There's nothing else to do and I know you enjoy the rain" She shrugs, tucking her feet under herself as she sits on the couch of our shared home.

"Yeah but you never let me go out and just sit in the rain" I laugh, turning my body around to face her, pulling my knees to my chest.

"That's because you always come in and get the house all wet!" She says making me laugh.

"I feel bad, go enjoy yourself. It's better than being cooped up in the house all day" She takes a long sip of her cocoa.

"What are you up to?" I eye her suspiciously.

"Nothing! I'm just worried about you! You have been so depressed lately and I hate seeing you like this..."

I let my feet touch the ground, the wooden floorboard creaking under me as I stand up, watching as Leigh-Anne smirks from behind her mug.

"I know you're up to something and I'm going to find out what"

"Oh please! Just go outside already!" She puts her mug down to push me towards the door.

"Make sure you stay 6 feet away from people!"

"Who else would go outside to sit in the rain Leigh?" I laugh and grab my rain coat from the coat hanger before stepping outside. She smirks at me once more before closing the door.

I sigh to myself feeling the cool breeze and cold drops of water melt away any negativity from my skin. A smile paints itself on my face as I walk further down our driveway to take a seat in the center. The pavement is wet and hard against my bottom but the way the rain pours over my skin is worth the slight discomfort under me. I close my eyes, feeling consumed and infinite as I lay my back down and open my mouth to catch rain drops. I giggle as the water tickles my neck and sides.

"Having fun?" a voice so soft I almost didn't hear it say from across the street.

I sit up to see a girl with wildly curly hair that peeks out of her black hoodie. She has beautiful tan skin and a pure smile that stretches past the lips, eyes crinkling from joy.

"Yeah" I breathe out with a smile, wiping my wet hair out of my face.

She closes her mailbox and hugs the papers to her chest to protect them from getting wet. I continue watching her, confused as to why she is still outside in the rain that she shields herself from. The house she is at has been for sale for as long as I could remember until last month. Never did I think someone so beautiful and friendly lived there.

She continues standing in the rain, tugging her hoodie in front of her face to block the rain from hitting her and my chest fills with butterflies at the sight of her sweater paws.

"Why aren't you inside? It's so ugly outside" She giggles and the way it escapes her lips makes me feel like I'm walking on air and I suddenly realize why Leigh was so eager to get me outside. Sneaky bitch. I turn my head to see Leigh peeking at us through the window, quickly shutting the curtains when she catches me looking.

I put my attention back on my cute neighbor, "I love this weather... it makes me feel infinite.. the same way sitting in beach water does when there's a sunset." I shrug.

"I've never done that before... does it feel nice?" She asks timidly, sending shivers down my spine.

"Yeah, especially when you're having a bad day"

"Are you having a bad day?"

"Not anymore" I smile, sending her a wink.

She blushes and sucks in her cheeks to try to hide it but to my good fortune I see it.

"I'm Jade, I just moved in with my 2 best friends last month. Sorry I never got to properly introduce myself... We just moved in when all of this madness started"

"That's okay, we gotta do what we gotta do to stay safe... I'm Y/N. Maybe after quarantine we can get to know each other some more?"

"I'd like that" She lets her blush break free.

"Cool" I giggle, "I'm looking forward to it"

"Me too" She plays with the ends of her thick hair, "Do you mind if I get your number?"

"Of course not" I say then recite my number.

"Well, it was lovely meeting you darling" She waves before turning on her heel and running into her house. As the door to her house swings open I hear the squeals of her friends and high pitched "Did you get her number?!"

I shake my head to try and get the smile off my face that refuses to come off, standing up and heading towards the door.

"Aren't you glad you took my advice?" Leigh-Anne says with a smile as I roll my eyes and push past her.