Chapter 20: Digging a Hole in the Wall

"It was not a big deal, just a little misunderstanding," Sheng Xing Ze laughed. "But since you and Lin Mu are not in the kind of relationship I thought you are, then you won't stop me from teaching him a lesson, right?"

"Need help?" Yu Bai leaned over and asked.

"If you want to, then recommend a reliable private detective, and I will do the rest myself." Sheng Xing Ze touched his flat stomach and prepared to get up, "Are we eating out tonight?"

"Wait for a bit, I have something to talk with you."

Yu Bai put his hand on Sheng Xing Ze's shoulders and pressed the young man to sit back down on the sofa, "Is...is it true that you want to cancel the contract with the company?"

"It's not like I can't pay the liquidated damages, and they have not been neglecting me altogether," Sheng Xing Ze did not shy away from this question. His discord with Wan Bo Xue was not a secret, coupled with Lin Mu's instigation from time to time; everyone with a level headed brain could see that if Sheng Xing Ze wanted to go further in his career, the first critical step was to leave Wan Bo Xue.

"Do you have any plans afterwards?" Yu Bai had his own plan in mind, but he also wanted to see what Sheng Xing Ze wanted to do.

"To start my own studio, our family has a lot of money to spend," Sheng Xing Ze shook his cell phone with a diamond studs phone case and said carelessly.

"Have you picked out an appropriate manager for yourself? Your dad is not familiar with this entertainment industry, he doesn't know much about the business in this circle. Your career is just getting started. You need a well-connected manager to help you get through the market."

"And your point is," Sheng Xing Ze crossed his legs looking at Yu Bai, saying those words to him, Sheng Xing Ze could somehow guess what Yu Bai wanted to do.

"Have you ever considered coming to my studio?" Yu Bai said exactly what Sheng Xing Ze had guessed.

Sheng Xing Ze looked at him with his head tilted and smiled teasingly, "Film Emperor Yu, are you trying to extricate me?"

"I'll pay for the liquidated damages. Mi He Qiu is still your assistant, as for manager--what do you think of Tao Yi Ning?"

"But I want to be the boss," Sheng Xing Ze knew very well that signing with Yu Bai's studio was his best choice. Yu Bai's conditions did sound tempting to him, but he just wanted to tease the other man.

Yu Bai did not get Sheng Xing Ze's teasing, thinking that the young man must be worried that he would be assigned to do some strange work by the manager, "I will not interfere with any of your choices, the company has enough respect for you, Tao Yi Ning will be instructed to never force you to take on works that you don't want to accept..."

"Since I can't be the boss, how about being the boss's spouse?" He did not even hear the plausible words that Yu Bai was saying, his bright eyes shone slyly.

Yu Bai stopped talking and looked at Sheng Xing Ze with a blank expression. After being teased by the young man like this for such a long time, he would not be as helpless as he used to.

"You're not cute at all right now," Did not get to see the flushing face and ears as he had imagined, Sheng Xing Ze's tone was quite regretful, "I agreed to switch the company matter, but I want to be honest about something. I might be able to win an award in the future, right then I'll retire from acting. If Film Emperor Yu doesn't mind, I'm honored to be under your care." He put away his humorous expression, and stretched out his hand to Yu Bai in a serious expression.

Yu Bai smiled lightly, holding Sheng Xing Ze's right hand, the smooth touch gave him a nostalgic feeling of a smooth white jade, "it's my pleasure."