Plots and plot lines.

This is a biiiiiig thing.

A lot of people on Wattpad do this. And by 'this' I mean that they build plot lines as they go.

' Going with the flow' writing is great to start with a story or experiment with an idea. When you've got something in the back of your brain, GWTF writing is great. It helps you get it out of your system and onto a page where you can see it and feel good about yourself. But, GWTF writing is not actual writing.

A lot of people on Wattpad and other sites write GWTF, and I must be frank with you- it's bad. If you write as you think, you don't think ahead to what's going to happen next, and then- it happens.

It's inevitable.

A wild pothole appeared!

And no matter how many poke balls you throw at this sonofagun, it stays there. Because if you try too hard then suddenly a whole lot of planning and detail overwhelms your reader and they faint.
If you don't do anything, then either your story's potential walks away or people start attacking,  telling you your story stinks or that you don't update enough.

And eventually, you lose your spirit and have to go all the way back to the start and get a whole new story and start the whole process all. Over. Again.

Hi there Professor Idea!

Get your story sorted out a little bit before you start writing. I'm not talking full out one-year planning in a room full of post it notes, but even just thinking about what's going to happen to Lily St James next time you post is a really good idea.

And if you're serious about your story or idea, do the year-long planning thing. I've tried writing well without a perfect plan, still am, and trust me. It's bad, and you feel bad about what you wrote and who you are and what you do.

I've written GWTF style and it led to deleting the same story off Wattpad four times now, as well as two accounts.
Planning is a plan.
And a good one.