09 | vive ut vivas

A/N: I didn't expect it but this chapter deals with graphic mentions and descriptions of anxiety and panic attacks so please read at your own caution. No I am not trying to romanticize the idea of anxiety, that's why half of this chapter is going to be completely raw and ugly.

     Its a factor to relationships in this novel so I just had to write it. Though this book was going to tackle the topic in the first place, as you've noticed I put up a warning in the prelude.

     Also, you could listen to the song above while reading this! Although its not in the playlist, I thought it was the perfect one for this particular chapter. Also its a really nice song — as you can see i am in love with CAS uwu

     This chapter makes you understand Presley a little bit more, so I hope you would understand why I wrote this chapter.

     That's all!

     THE FIRST TIME PRESLEY figured out she wanted to be a neurosurgeon and skip highschool, her parents were against the idea

     THE FIRST TIME PRESLEY figured out she wanted to be a neurosurgeon and skip highschool, her parents were against the idea. You'd think that if she wanted to be a doctor, her parents would instantly agree and permit her, but no, they didn't.

     It was something Presley always remembered. How her dad had practically screamed at her and how her mom was telling her she couldn't do it. Best parents ever, huh. Yes, Presley had skipped at least half of her education just to study neurosurgery.

     And when she told her parents she wanted to go to Seoul, South Korea to study the course, they lashed out at her and said she'd never survive in another country. These were things the public never got to see when they looked at Presley's family, and they'll probably never get to see it.

     Being a teenager in the 50s and a girl at that, things just made it worse since free will was not a thing that existed in households all over the world. Children of rich families always had a silver spoon in their mouths, as their parents would decide their lives for them.

     Unlike Neil, Presley always disobeys her parents until they actually realize those things she keeps on telling them makes her life worth living. She wasn't afraid to speak up about her opinions to them, and always tells them when she's had enough.

     Of course they're not always happy about her sudden outbursts of confessions about herself. Presley had no idea where she even gets the confidence to do such a thing, of course it wouldn't be from her mum who always follows her father's instructions.

     So when they called her all the way from London, she had no such idea what to say as she sat awkwardly on a chair in front of Mr. Nolan who was looking at her expectantly. "I'm fine." She was saying.

     "How's your headaches? Have you been taking your medicine?" Her mum's quiet but high pitched voice flows through the telephone and floods in her ears. The girl was glad she hadn't acquired her mum's voice, unlike the older lady, Presley's voice was a little deeper, kind of just the right tone.