27. Tuesday Week Ten

"Noah is actively avoiding me."

"It won't last forever, tigru." Another jab to the punching bag.

"Well, it doesn't seem like it's getting any better."

"It will, Rei." Another jab

"How though? He won't reply to my texts. He won't answer my phone calls. He won't let me into his house. I don't know what to do."

Eli groaned, "it's been three days, Rei, I thought you were giving him space."

My eyes narrowed at Eli from my place on the floor of his gym. I had just finished tutoring Riley and normally after a tutoring session Eli and I (sometimes just me) would watch a movie with the girls before I left. Today, the girls were at a sleepover so Eli had decided to train in his gym, I had decided to watch him. Because let's be honest, he was bloody gorgeous on a good day so how could I resist the sight of him working out.

I had been doing homework whilst he trained but then Noah had popped into my mind so, naturally, I began speaking to Eli about it leading us to now.

Deciding to confront him about why he was getting visibly annoyed, I lifted up from my position of laying on the ground so that I was now sat cross-legged facing him, "what's wrong?"

Eli stopped punching the bag, catching it in his gloved hands, "nothing is wrong, Rei."

He began removing his gloves and he then reached for his water bottle beside me, but before he could pick it up, I swiped it and moved it out of the way.

He scowled at me.

"Cause that's the face of someone who isn't angry," I deadpanned

"I'm not in the mood, Rei."

Determined, my eyes narrowed and I opened my mouth to argue with him but then I decided to try a different approach. I schooled my features into indifference, "fine," I uttered, handing him his bottle back.

He looked suspicious as he peered down at me but he said nothing so I took it a step further. Curious, I began packing away my things, putting away my books, pens, pencils; everything.

"What are you doing?" Eli asked gruffly.

"I'm gonna go," I explained, standing up with my bag packed.

"Why?"

"Why would I stay, Eli?"

Just like mine did a few moments before, Eli's eyes narrowed at me, "you're the one who wanted to be here."

"I know," I nodded at him, before hiking my bag further up my shoulder, "and now I'm deciding to go."

Challenging him with my stare, I met his crystalline eyes but he did nothing. As in literally nothing, his face reverted to that annoying impassive state. Tired of it, I swirled on the heel of my knee-high boot before stalking off out of the gym.

I made it to the front door when someone's hand shot over my shoulder, slamming the door closed and preventing me from leaving. The smell of spice and leather that swathed me informed me that it was Eli, I didn't need to turn to know that.

"Come back downstairs," Eli demanded in a rumble from behind me.

"No."

"For fucks sake, Reillyn, why do you have to be so difficult?"

My temper sparked, I spun to face him, "me?! I'm the one being difficult, all I did was ask you" I poked a finger into his chest, "what's wrong."