26-Aug-2020 | Retreat

Hey everyone!

I'm officially on holiday!

I'm letting you guys know because I'll be offline on all social media until next week.  If the world ends, don't tell me!

I'm currently typing this out on my phone because my laptop is packed, so if this post isn't grammatically correct then blame Samsung. 

You know the feeling of being stuck in lockdown for months on end and you pass the point of being restless? And you just accept fate's middle finger in your face?

That was me, like, five months ago.

I'm in Australia, NSW, and I still have some restrictions, so I planned a little writing retreat, all safe and obeying the rules. For the next few days I'll be in the middle of nowhere with only my books to keep me company. 

Writers never have a non-working holiday, our minds are to busy swimming in ideas, but I'm really excited.

I have two weeks until The Wattys 2020 close their submissions, so I only have to finish editing about 40 more chapters...

Then I have to finish Siren Bay...then Her Rise...then start Nordic Mystery WIP, then Fantasy WIP, then the Mage WIP.

I might need a bigger holiday.

Question though; if your going away for a few nights, how many books do you bring? I brought 3 with me - Laini Taylor's Strange The Dreamer duology, and The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris.

Hope you're all safe, happy, healthy, and faring well!

With love, L x