xxviii - hard truths

♡♡♡
●ARIA POV●

After that nightmare of a day happened Warren and Alex both agreed that I shouldn't say anything to my mother this week . It was best that I waited until after the wedding when my sister and Henry were well on their way on their honeymoon , away from the country.

We also all were on the same page as far as Dylan goes . The stunt he pulled is nothing in comparison to what he has the potential of doing during the week and even at the wedding . Alex reassured Warren that he was going to stay by my side all week.

Both the brothers stayed over that night as we all fell asleep on the couch , planning out what we were going to do in any of the scenarios that we came up with . I woke up to the sound of the door closing and the judgement of Sonja coming off her face.  She didn't have to say a word because I can already hear it.

I removed myself from the middle position in between Alex and Warren . "You have some explaining to do ," Sonja says as she peeks over, "They are so damn hot and wow, you weren't kidding about Warren. I didn't even think that was possible."

"I told you , anyway , we fell asleep planning out our moves for next week."

She scrunched her face in confusion, "because of the wedding?"

I sighed, "Dylan showed up last night and cornered me.  Practically pinned me against the wall ," I tell her .

The look on her face went from confused to angry in a matter of a millisecond , "where is he? I'll kill him. Are you okay?" She said as she looked me over to make sure I was hurt.

"He didn't do anything physical but he dropped a bomb on me and I'm still kind of trying to navigate what to do. I called Warren over last night when Dylan showed up ," I begin to explain .

"Why didn't you call Alex?" She asked me.

"Warren was the last call I had and that's the number I dialed out. I'm thankful it was him because he only lives a couple blocks away. Alex showed up because we agreed to hang out this weekend to plan for the wedding. But ..." I trail off.

"Dylan that bastard," he huffed under her breath .

I tell her what he said to me and her emotions morphed every few seconds because the revelations were pretty intense. A part of her and a part of me felt sorry for Dylan but she came to the same conclusion that he had a choice . His version of protection basically killed me . Of course,  being my overprotective best friend she wanted to hunt Brittany down and give her a taste of karma but I told her that she'll get what's coming to her . Even if I don't plan a revenge , I know her misdeeds will catch up to her .

The guys began to stir as the coffee I brewed was almost done.  Sonja had jumped in the shower to freshen up. She wanted to help plan since she also took the week off to be my support . She peeked over at them and had a lazy glaze in her eyes , "which one can I have?"

I chuckled , "you're hilarious. Wipe that drool off your mouth," I said as I threw a paper towel her way.

"Why do you get all the fun?" She pouted.

"You're the one who set this all up for me," I reminded her.

"Yeah yeah."