05

Vicky West

Anything else?'' The waitress asked, looking at Red and I expectantly; we both shook our heads, thanking her. "Enjoy,'' She chirped. I stared down at my mint tea, mixing in a little sugar while it steeped.

"Let's forget practice, you've been acting fucking weird since.'' Red announced; I glared at her, telling her to shut up and have a little discretion — there could be children around. "Shit, sorry,'' she said, causing me to chuckle a little at her unintentional use of another curse word. "Anyways... Before we went, I talked to Marcel.''

"About what?'' I twirled the spoon in the cup absentmindedly.

"Apparently Harry is throwing a party with William this Friday. It will be the first party he's had since you guys called it quits.'' She explained. "It's going to be insane, probably packed by the time we get there."

"We?" I hissed.

"Oh, we're going. You really have no say in the matter. You can come willingly and we'll have fun together, or I can drag you by your hair and I'll have fun."

"To see him and Carmen basically dry-hump each other on the dance floor? Yeah, I'll pass.'' I stated.

"Vicks, our plan wasn't to disappear the moment Harry dropped you on your ass; you'll need to find a new best friend to scheme with if you want to be that pathetic. You're supposed to act oblivious, to go on with life as if he never happened; you're supposed to pretend to be happy without him, show him what he's missing. We're going to get ready at my place, and then I'll drive us over."

"Why can't I drive?''

"Cause you'll leave the moment I turn my back... Or Harry will do something, something you'll get pissed and get white-girl wasted AND I'd rather not be a victim of yet another drunk driver.'' Red explained, and I nodded in agreement. "You know Carmen's friend Jess?'' She asked me like it was the strangest thing to do. I nodded, a 'so what?' look plastered on my face. "Yeah, I can't fucking stand her." She says.

"I'm not fond of her either,'' I admitted.

"I decided last night, when I was lying in bed with that handsome man who's in my bed every night, that I am going to stop being fake-nice to awful people.'' Red explained. "I've kept my cool the last few weeks when Carmen and Jess were being bitches at practice, but I can't do it anymore. It's mentally and physically exhausting to hold back all the smart-ass comments threatening to come out of my mouth."

"So what are you gonna do now then?" I asked nonchalantly.

"I'm gonna do the same thing I did to Keeton..."

"You are not going to push them off a balcony!"

"Calm down, I don't want to end up in jail. I just have to figure out a way to do it without getting caught." She smirked. "Enough of Jess and Carmen, lets go shopping; I need to get something for the party on Friday."

I sighed deeply. "We have three days left before the party,''

"So what? That doesn't mean we can't go shopping. Plus, I've brought someone along who can help us pick out the best outfits!'' I laughed at how transparent she was, I knew who she was talking about the moment her voice changed pitch.

"Marcel?'' I questioned her mockingly.

"Yes, I love gay people!'' Red exclaimed.

...

It was amazing how quickly we had bonded with Marcel. We were like peas in a pod, we spent most of our time together — at the club or not. Currently strolling arm-in-arm with the flamboyant gay, multiple bags hanging from all of our arms.