Chapter Four

Iliana's POV

"She's awake."

That's all it took for me to get up and rush into the hospital as fast as I could. April of course followed me and didn't let me drive fearing that I could get us into an accident since my head wasn't focused on driving at the moment. On our way she had to text Alex the news so she could go and meet us at the hospital.

Henrik didn't give me anymore information and that was driving me insane. We couldn't get there fast enough and it took everything in me to not get out of the car and run all the way to the hospital.

Once we entered the parking lot of the hospital I didn't even wait for April to park the car as I rushed off into the hospital.

"Iliana wait up!" I heard April shout from the car but I didn't stop.

I headed inside and went as fast as I could but didn't run since I didn't want to get stopped by anyone. I went to the elevator but it wasn't on the floor so I just used the stairs. I might look like a mad woman to the others but at the moment I couldn't care less. Step by step this seemed to be endless until I finally made it to the floor and I sprinted down the hallway until I came across the door of her room and without any hesitation I opened it.

There she was, sat on the hospital bed awake with her parents and the doctors besides the bed and now were looking at me. I instantly rushed to her and engulfed in a hug. It felt surreal to have her in my arms again I couldn't stop the tears streaming down my face or the sobs.

With her in my arms I felt home. I finally after two long years, felt whole.

"You're back." I mumbled against her shoulder.

I then backed away and kissed her on the lips. It was almost strange to have my lips touch her's after so long but yet they felt the same. The kiss was quick and was over before I knew it. I pulled back to see those green eyes that haunted my mind, but instead of finding the usual light and love in them I came to find confusion.

"Not that I don't like to be kissed by a beautiful girl but... do I know you?"

I frowned.

"Kai stop messing around is not funny." I said nervously.

"I'm sorry but I'm not joking. I really don't know who you are." She said with her green eyes staring at my blue ones in utter confusion.

My blood drained from my face and a feeling of dread and anguish seeped through once I confirmed by looking at the face of her parents and the doctor.

I slowly backed away from her and looked at the doctor.

"Whats- why doesn't she know who I am." I could feel myself starting to panic.

"Mrs. Raymond please calm down and breathe so I can explain. Match my breathing, can you do that?"

I didn't even realize I was hyperventilating. But I did what the doctor told me and he helped me match his breathing, it took me a couple of minutes until I was fine again. I haven't had one of those in a while.

"Are you okay Mrs. Raymond?" He asked me.

"Wait. Mrs what?!" Kai interjected in shook.

"Malakai please, let the doctor explain first and then we'll talk." Henrik said with Juliet by his side. They weren't together or anything like that but their relationship grew stronger after the accident.

Kai nodded in agreement. We walked outside the room for a moment along with Henrik, while Juliet stayed inside with Kai and a nurse that came to tend her.