Chapter Five- Tender Moments & Boundaries Crossed

~~Luka's point of view~~

I make my way home. I sit in my truck before I get out. I know what Sebastian said, but what if she doesn't want me there. Oh well, she will send me home if she doesn't. I need to see Phoenix. He's the one I care about the most in this situation. I make my way across the street; the door opens before I knock; Fawn jumps in my arms. I wrap my arms around her.

Fawn: "I saw you coming."

Luka: "You're ok. Did you tell Pepper I was coming? I need to see Phoenix."

Fawn: "She is in the bathroom."

She lets me go and invites me in; I hesitate before going in; I don't want Pepper to freak out on me. I don't go any further than just inside the door.

Fawn: "How did things go?"

I knew what she was talking about. I try to say it without giving her secret away.

Luka: "It went well. Better than expected. I think he and I will be friends once all the dust settles."

She kisses my cheek and hugs me again.

Fawn: "I love you, Luka."

Luka: "I love you too."

Pepper comes from the hall. Instead of the scowl I expected to see, she had a smile. I still haven't seen Phoenix.

Luka: "I know it's late, but I needed to see Fawn and Phoenix."

Pepper: "I understand. I'll show you where Phoenix is. I am glad you came; it would have been a long night for him if not."

She leads me down a hall. She stops at an open door. Phoenix was sitting on his bed with his head in his hands.

Pepper: "He has been like that since dinner."

Pepper whispers. She then walks away. I stand there for a few minutes watching them.

Luka: "Hey, little dude."

He looks up, jumps off the bed, runs to me with his arms up. I pick him up and hug him tightly. We stand like that for a while. Neither of us wanting to let go.

Fawn: "Why don't you two come to the living room? I am pretty sure that he isn't going to let you go any time soon." I nod at her and follow her to the living room. Pepper points to the loveseat. I sit with him on my lap. He adjusts himself, but he doesn't move.

Pepper: "Luka, I need to apologize to you. I should have talked to Fawn before jumping to conclusions."

Luka: "You're ok, Pepper. You don't know me as they do. Truthfully, no one knows me as Fawn and Phoenix do."

Pepper: "I understand that now. I won't stand in the way of what you guys have in place. I would like to have a discussion with you, though. It's not anything bad, but we need to do it privately."

Fawn: "I'll take Phoenix when you two are ready."

Luka: "Please leave him for now."

Fawn: "I wouldn't think of it. Are you hungry? I know you haven't eaten since lunch."

Luka: "I'm ok. Thank you, though."