CHAPTER 20: No interruption.

A glass of water.

                That's the first thought that comes to my mind even before opening my eyes. I need some. I think I have a sore throat. Well, basing it from the undeniable dryness down in my esophagus.

                 Not wanting to prolong this agony, I shot my eyes open, a dim-lighted room is what I saw. Lindon is also here, currently taking a nap on my side. His facial features show sign of stress. Nonetheless, my wolf and I agreed that he is still breathtaking.

Gorgeous as ever...

       I smiled at that idea.

I pinched Lindon's nose, making him all awake. He had this irritated initial reaction on his face that made me smile.

“Hey,” I said, wincing at my hoarsely voice.

“How are you feeling?” he asked me, worried.

“I need water,” he nodded then get up from the stool. He walked towards the fridge and sit back again. Lindon assisted me as I get up and lean on the headrest, then handing me a bottled water. I gleefully drink it and feel much comfortable thereafter.

“Thank you. By the way, what's up with this bandage?” I ask, glancing at my right arm.

“You were shot right before he fell down. Thank God it's nothing deep. I almost had a heart attack back there,” he said as he holds my hand.

“I'm sorry...” I whispered. “For not telling you right away. He threatened your pack. He said he will do the s-same with y-yours. I was so s-scared,” I told him, tears streaming down on my face. He wiped it away with the back of his hand then cupped my face.

“It's all over now. There's no need to be scared anymore,” I nodded and smiled to him. He as well smiled as he pulled me into a hug.

“Thank you,” he whispered on my ear.

“For what?” I ask, confused.

“For protecting me... not once but twice,” I just shrugged, speechless for the compliment. “That was so brave of you, Elerie. You will be a great Luna,” he added, now looking into my eyes. I can feel my cheeks suddenly heat up with what he said and with the way he stares at me.

You are blushing, dear. So high school...

                My wolf chuckled in my head. I shut her off, not wanting for her to intrude at this very moment.

“Honey, before I forget. You said something back then. I want to hear it again. Please,” he charmingly pleaded.

“I said something? Where?” I asked, carrying on with my charade.

“At the cliff. How can you forget it?” he sounded quite irritated now. Of course, I know what he's saying. That was the first time I told him that, so it's special.

Ahhh. Alpha male raging hormones...

      I thought of seeing his scrunched up nose. I chuckled internally at how easily I got him pissed off.

“Oh! I remember now,” his face suddenly lit up, anticipating. “Is that when I told you to be safe?” I innocently asked him. He shook his head.

“No! The one after that,” Lindon said impatiently to me.

“The one after that... hmmm,” I looked up, pretending to recall the events. “I told you I...” I trail off, looking at his reaction. I can say he's holding his breath. He looks so funny with his mouth partially agape. “I'll wait for you. That's what I told you, right?” The moment I said that, his face shows every sign of an annoyed person: pouted lips, deadly glare and a knotted forehead.