ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 13_ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴍᴇꜱꜱ

🦋

Yoongi was sitting down on the cold winter floor, staring up at Jimin who laid unconscious on the couch. He didn't know why it was but that image hurt him. To see Jimin lose it all over his best friend's news was heartbreaking.

Just then, his doorbell rang twice aggressively. He knew who it was.

He got off the ground and made way towards the giant white door. It opened revealing his worked up friend who looked in a hurry of some sort. Hair disheveled, eyes red from crying, overcoat hung up in a hurry, car keys jiggling in one hand and his own self seeming out of breath. The sight of Jungkook didn't seem to bother about any welcome.

"Where's Jimin hyung?" He asked hurriedly, still breathing heavily. Yoongi assumed he had ran up the stairs to his flat since the lifts weren't working since morning.

He didn't say a word but just moved out of the way, directly showing him the sleeping boy.

"Oh my god, what happened to him?" Jungkook, now growing utterly worried, briskly walked towards his friend who looked paler than usual. He knelt down on the floor, trying to have a closer look. The tear stains on his face were clearly visible.

"He passed out. I guess he was too exhausted and depressed after he heard the news." Yoongi joined, sitting down next to him on the floor.

He noticed how Jungkook's expression suddenly faltered more than it already was. He had never seen him so upset about anything before. He looked as if all colour was sucked out of his pretty face. And Yoongi didn't like that sight of his best buddy.

Jungkook, on the other hand, was shook. He had thought that if Taehyung had to disappear for some reason, he would definitely tell his best friend about it in advance. To see that Jimin was in such a condition meant that he had no news about him either. So was it true? Is he really no more?

"H..hyung, Taehyung. He...did he really.." He looked at a concerned Yoongi, trying his very best to form a sentence that would make sense. But it simply wasn't right! It couldn't be...

Yoongi stared at him for a good minute, trying his very best to figure out since when was the bratty criminal a matter of concern to Jungkook. He noticed how the younger was biting back a cry which was waiting to be set free. His eyes softened in an instant as he pulled Jungkook into his embrace.

The younger broke down once again, this time in the arms of his best friend. He couldn't find himself breathing. Neither could he find himself thinking. His mind seemed like an abyss pulling him into its eternity with no specific thoughts in particular. All he could see was darkness.

And he refused to believe this darkness.

His heart believed Taehyung was still around. However, it took an ounce of energy for him to defy everything he had heard and seen until now which told him he won't see the boy again. The overwhelming frustration that came along the way wasn't letting him stay sane.

Yoongi didn't question him. He definitely wanted to know how much Taehyung meant to him for him to be affected to such an extent but he knew best it was not the time. So he did what he could. He pulled Jungkook closer into the hug and started rubbing his back gently while the younger continued sobbing, holding Yoongi as firmly as he could.

When Jungkook's cries muffled for a minute, Yoongi could only wonder to himself,

Jungkook had really developed feelings for Taehyung.