CHAPTER:14

Hey guys! I hope you are doing well, so here the new chapter of the story. It took me a lot of time to write the chapter. I'm still not able to write properly so if there's any anything that can help me write better then please tell me in the comments.
Happy reading 🫶

Hazel's pov:

5 months. That's how much time it has been, Adrian never came back after that day. I haven't seen him once in these 5 months. But I have seen Nick many times, as he always comes to take Adrian's stuff from his room and his office.

I feel so unwanted and unloved. It's like he abandoned me.

I slipped out of the bed and went to the bathroom,  after taking shower I went down to the kitchen and one of the servents served me the breakfast, I don't like eating here everyone looks at me with sympathy or pity.
I finished my breakfast and wanted back to the room .

Now I don't wish for him to come home or cry myself to sleep because he had abandoned me.
I don't dwell too much on that thought.

Adrian's pov:

I was in my office working on my laptop when I heard a knock. "Come in." I said, and Nick entered in the office and passed me a file.
"It has everything thing about the illegal activities of Agosti." He said.

"Anyways, when are you going to leave her?" He asked and I didn't understand who was he talking about, I don't have any female captive.
"Who?" Asked being confused.

"Your wife, Hazel?.... When are you going to Divorce her?"

"Why would I Divorce her? I don't think there is any need. Everything is fine for me."

"So you're going to destroy her life then? Have you ever thought that maybe she has dreams of her own?"

"What rubbish are you talking about? And why do you care? She's my wife not yours."

"Offcourse she's your wife. And I don't care. But everytime I visit the mansion the first thing she asks about is you, your we'll being, and if you're coming home or not. And every time I tell her that you're not coming. I takes everything her to not to cry in front of me." He paused for a moment before saying further.

"Look Ace, you're not just my boss you're also like my brother that's why I'm telling you that whatever you are doing is wrong. You haven't visited the mansion in 5 months, and she's living there alone since then. Give it a thought, okay?" He said and left.

I again start examining the files, but couldn't focus on any work. Nick's words were continuously ringing inside my head.'Did she really asked about me? Did she wants to give this marriage a chance? But, why??? Wasn't this marriage forced upon both of us?'

Ughhhhh!!! Damn it! Nick!! Why'd you have to say all these things. Now I can't fucking focus on anything other than her!!.

It was already 11 pm so I decided to call it a day. I walk towards my car and drove towards the mansion, first time in last five months.

I entered the mansion and walked towards my room. I entered my room and saw her sleeping peacefully.
I walked towards her and saw Her hair was covering her forehead and cheeks. I pushed them aside gently with my fingers making sure I didn't disturb her sleep. And hell !!! She's beautiful.

I stood up and walked towards the bathroom, I took a quick shower and walked into the closet to change into my clothes and I saw her suitcase there filled with her clothes. That confused me. Why didn't she aranged her cloths in the closet? I mean it's been 5 months since she's living here.
After changing into my casual t-shirts and lowers I came out of the closet and climbed on the bed to sleep.

I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and I saw her sleeping. I watched her for few minutes and then suddenly her alarm started drinking she woke up with a grown without opening her eye shepold her phone out from under the pillow and she disabled it. There was a slide from on her face as she was about to open her eyes. She is still un aware of my presence in the room. I wonder how will she react when she finally notices me.

A few moments later she sat up straight and opened her eyes and noticed me. Her eyes widened and she tried to move back, before I can stop her she fell on the floor with a thud.
She winced and I immediately moved towards her. "Hey, are you okay??" I asked. Again she looked at me this time there was no surprise, her eyes were empty.
Before I could've asked her anything else she got up and walked inside the bathroom.
'Weird' I thought.

She came out after 30 minutes. And again ignored me like I don't exist.
I took a relaxing shower and got ready for the day.
When I got out of the bathroom she was not in the room, so I walked towards the kitchen to find her as she might be having her breakfast.
She was not there too.
I asked one of the servents about where is she, and she said "Sir, she rarely have her breakfast down here, either she says no or makes her own breakfast." After hearing her I dismissed her and left for the office. On the way to my car I spotted her in the garden, I moved in her direction and called her "Hazel ?" She visibly flinched at my voice. "Is she scared of me?" I thought she turned around and I saw her eyes were red, like she was crying. "Why are you crying ?" I asked her. "It's nothing." Was her short reply.
"I'm Leaving for the office, I'll be back by 8." With that I left.

Okay so, did you like it??
I'm looking forward to votes and comments.
Bye-byeeee 🫶