Arc 4: Chapter 68

They walked around the capital for a long time. While walking, they stumbled upon a small pawn shop. Elenor briefly glanced at it before looking away, finding nothing interesting. She wanted to walk past it but noticed Alec slowing down, looking at one single thing that took his interest.

She followed his gaze and it fell on a brooch. It was a red flower brooch with rhinestones in the middle of it, acting as the middle part of the flower. Tiny crystals were embedded into the petals of it. The brooch was lined in a gold colour creating a fancy, expensive effect on it.

Elenor pointed at it, "Do you want it?" she questioned.

Alec's eyes broke away from the brooch and onto her. He shook his head and continued walking ahead.

"No, it looked interesting for a while," he replied.

She nodded, walking away from the small pawn shop. They stopped at the centre of the capital which had a large statue and benches around. A perfect spot to stop and rest in which they did. Alec sat down on the bench, letting his feet take a quick rest.

He noticed Elenor was standing. He looked up at her who had a frown on her face. Raising an eyebrow he decided to ask what was on her mind.

"I forgot something I wanted to get."

"What is it? I'll go get it for you."

"No it's alright, I'll be quick." she immediately refused and hurried off without letting Alec talk back to her.

Once she was out of his sight, she heaved a sigh and grinned. Picking up speed, she made it back to the small pawn shop they had passed not long ago and purchased the brooch that Alec had an eye on.

With a happy smile, she thanked the seller and stared at it.

'I wonder if he will smile at this..' she wondered, her fingertips gazing against the crystals on the brooch.

"You have a wonderful eye for pretty things, Lady Elenor." a smooth voice behind her spoke, startling her terribly.

She held the brooch tightly in her hands and turned behind to the person who had spoken to her out of sudden. The figure was quite tall so her neck was strained as she gazed up to the face.

"My apologies, I didn't mean to scare you, I was merely surprised to see you in Vaidia."

She blinked a couple of times before opening her mouth, "You are from the piano recital right?"

The sun kissed man laughed cheerily and nodded, "I'm happy that you still remember me though we only met once."

Elenor gave him a small smile, "I should say the same for you. I still don't know your name as well."

He paused before a small gasp came out of his mouth, "Ah! I've forgotten about that. Terribly sorry for my rudeness, you can call me Judas."

Elenor gave a nod at the name, "Well then Judas, it is nice to be able to meet you once again."

Judas gave her a blinding smile, "Yes, I do hope we can meet up another time for perhaps lunch or tea?"

"That would be nice."

Judas chuckled, pleased with her agreement, "I can also show you around Vaidia. This is your first time here am I correct?"

"It is actually."

"Perfect, do let me know when you are free. I should be going now, I wouldn't want to waste so much of your time."

"Don't worry, you didn't, sir Judas. Be careful on your way." Elenor smiled and waved goodbye to him as he disappeared into the crowd of people.