08

"jungwon hyung, can we talk?" 

jungwon looks up from his book to look at the younger. he signals him to continue talking before continuing with highlighting words on his book. he was doing this for an upcoming exam but to be honest, he wasn't sure if he was highlighting the right words. 

someone just keeps on occupying his mind. the guy wouldn't leave. it's very obvious who is it.

"I need your full attention, hyung." ni-ki nudges his side so he lets go of his highlighter and closes his book.

"what is it about? it sounds serious."

"it is." ni-ki purses his lips. he had been noticing something weird with jungwon and he felt worried. he know what it is but he wants jungwon to confirm it for him. "be honest, are you starting to like jay hyung?" 

the question caught jungwon off guard. he stares at ni-ki, unable to answer.

was he starting to like jay? he wasn't sure about that. it's actually a question that's been lingering on his mind. there are two sides of him fighting, one is telling he is starting to like jay so he should stop whatever he's doing because it'll just hurt both of them in the end, while the other one is saying that he's just overwhelmed by jay's action but he still hates him. 

"I don't." he simply answers. "why are you even asking that? you know guys like him aren't my type. I would never like him." he lets out a force laugh, hitting ni-ki on the arm.

that felt hard for him to say but he wasn't gonna admit it in front of ni-ki that he wasn't sure. what would he say? 'hey ni-ki, I'm starting to like the person we're getting revenge on for your sister'. well that won't bring him good.

"I know you're lying, hyung. I can see it in your eyes." 

"what's in my eyes?"

"you look so unsure while denying you like him." ni-ki exclaims. "look, you can stop whatever you're doing now. the last thing I want is for you to hurt yourself in the end."

"we started it already, ni-ki. trust me on this."

"we're not even sure if the plan is working.  instead of him loving you and getting hurt in the end, it'll be the other way around. hyung please, I don't want you to get hurt."

"I said I am not catching feelings for him! just give me a few weeks and we'll mark this a success. I'm sure he's starting to like me, I can feel it."

"oh yeah? if he is then why is someone all over him?" ni-ki smirks at him while pointing behind jungwon. "hyung, stop it already. I don't need you to break his heart anymore."

but jungwon didn't listen to ni-ki. he stood up from his seat and walk towards where jay and another girl he doesn't know who was. 

"I thought you were out to finish a project." jungwon speaks with his arms crossed. "is she the 'project' you are working on?"

"I-- baby. we're actually--"

"save your excuses. I don't wanna hear it." he was about to walk away when jay takes hold of his arm.

"I swear I'm not lying. let me explain."

"I said save it." he pushes him away and walks away while ni-ki rans after him. 

jay didn't bother following him when he was in fact doing a project. 

"well good luck making amends with him. I heard he's a tough cookie." the girl he was with chuckled.

jay let out a sigh. "he is. doesn't he know you're my cousin?"

yuna shrugs before handing him a book they needed. "you never introduce me to him yet. damn, this isn't the first time someone mistaken me as one of your flings. how many more times will this happen?"

"I swear he's the last one."

"why?"

"he's special."

yuna gave him a knowing look before nodding. "okay, I get it." she giggles before patting his back. "I'm happy that you're in love."