C8

Ye Jiao turned around to look at the person who called her. According to her memory, she looked at the man’s face and called out, “Second brother.”

She only called him, but Little Ginseng didn’t know Ye Erlang. She also didn’t know how to do small talks with someone, so naturally, there was nothing else to say.

Ye Erlang didn’t notice this. He looked at Ye Jiao, then moved his gaze at Ye Jiao’s delicate clothes and the ox cart aside, which made Ye Erlang a little embarrassed.

Especially after he looked down and noticed that he was still wearing his usual shabby clothes, the man felt more embarrassed.

He knew that Ye Jiao would come back today, but he didn’t expect the Qi family to rush with a cart.

The Ye Family didn’t even plan a coming home banquet for her.

After a weird silence, Old Lady Liu stepped forward and stood beside Ye Jiao.

Liu-shi told Nanny Liu that she knew that the Ye family was unreliable. Her daughter-in-law looked like someone with a good temper. So, she was afraid that she would suffer when she returned home. That was why Nanny Liu followed her home to protect Ye Jiao.

As long as Qi Yun likes her, Liu-shi will value Ye Jiao more.

At this moment, Nanny Liu gave a light cough and said sternly, “My young lady was tired after coming all the way here and didn’t even drink a drop of water.”

Ye Jiao blinked and thought. ‘Obviously, we had eaten red bean cakes and drank tea just now?’

Ye Erlang’s face blushed. He hurriedly stepped forward to open the door and shouted inside, “Wife, Jiao Niang is back! Come out!”

“I’ll come when I come. Why are you yelling…” Ye Ersao came out of the room with an impatient look.

But when she saw what was outside, Ye Ersao suddenly stopped her speech. Her gaze turned on the ox cart outside their house, and then she looked at Ye Jiao’s clothes with a face of disbelief.

Ye Erlang didn’t have time to care about her. He hurriedly ushered Ye Jiao to enter the house.

When Ye Jiao passed by Ye Ersao, she remembered that this person had grabbed her hand before.

She subconsciously put her hands behind her back and silently walked around her, making Xiao Su and Nanny Liu take a second look at Ye Ersao.

Seeing that his wife was still stunned, Ye Erlang hurriedly said, “Go to Zhang Luo to order some food. Don’t you still have eggs at home? Make steamed eggs, and buy some wine, hurry up.”

But when Ye Jiao heard this, she said, “I’m not going to eat, I will leave soon.”

She loves to eat, but it was not the time to be greedy.

Ye Jiao was worried about letting Qi Yun stay at home alone. He just had an attack in the morning. Even if Ye Jiao put her hair in Qi Yun’s hands, she couldn’t completely be sure of Qi Yun’s safety.

Her husband is sick, and the weather is so cold. Naturally, Ye Jiao didn’t want to stay in the Ye family’s house for long.

Granny Liu immediately took over the conversation and helped Ye Jiao to smoothen it up, “This is because the lady is afraid that her maiden’s family will be exhausted. The young lady is really considerate and kind.”

Ye Jiao: ‘……Huh?’

After hearing this, the Ye family’s expressions were complicated. Ye Erlang responded numbly and quickly walked into the house to talk to his sister, but Ye Ersao didn’t recover.