Chapter 13

Bill's POV:

I was dumbfounded to see Pine Tree smiling with blood splattered on his clothes and the man, dead, on the floor.

"Pine Tree..." I said, not knowing exactly what to say.

I grabbed the end of his hoodie and examined the splotches of blood, "These are new clothes! Do you know how hard it is to get blood stains out of cotton!" I shouted at him and let go of the hoodie.

Pine Tree chuckled a bit, embarrassed, and rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry Master," he said, apologizing, "I just saw him coming, and it seemed so fun! And-"

I put a finger to his lips, "Say no more Pine Tree, I understand. It's for this particular reason I made the colors of your new clothes the way they are." I said with a soft voice, "Besides, I'm proud of you. You did a good job on your first day."

Pine Tree gleamed with pride at the compliment. I brought my finger down to his chin and scratched it a bit, like you would to a kitten, to make him purr. He closed his eyes slightly, seeming to enjoy it. He was as loyal as a dog and as adorable as a baby kitten. He's perfect.

I smiled back, let go, and looked back to the leader. His face fumed with rage and I noticed one of his fists was clenched. "That was supposed to be you!" he shouted, pointing to the dead member.

"Oh, sorry about that." I said, obviously not giving a shit about it, "But if that's the case, the deal is off. Don't try to summon me again or you'll all end up like your deceased friend over there."

I smiled at them one last time, giving my farewell, "Thank you for wasting my time, and remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, BYE!" I said, and snapped my fingers, teleporting both of us back home.