28. Her decision.

Author's

"Khudaya tera shukar hai mera baccha thik hai (thank God my son is fine)" his Amma jaan exclaimed in both fear and relief after listening to Arshad's side. He was sitting on his bed with angry Sofia and worried Mrs Malik. While isha standing in the far corner of the room staring at him.

"Amma jaan, go and take a rest you don't look fine." He said. She protests but then after his insisting she agreed and went to her room. His brothers also bides their bye and left the room. His eyes went to the figure who was standing there with a concerned face. Her expression was saying that she wanted to be with him. She wanted to take care of him but he and she both knew that it can't happen.

"What are you still doing here?! " suddenly Sofia asked in a harsh tone making isha startled by her sudden loud voice. She tore her eyes from her husband and look at Sofia who was glaring at her. Isha frown as to why Sofia starting at her with a cold expression. "Leave isha!!" When isha didn't response and stare at her Sofia said loudly. Isha nodded and hurriedly walk out of their room with mist eyes without looking at Arshad.

"What kind of behaviour is this Sofia!? Why you talked to her in that tone?" Arshad asked in anger. Sofia throws a glare at him but it didn't affect Arshad a bit as he was angry at her.

"Because of her, you put your life in danger. For a mere servant!!" She shouted standing up from the bed.

"She is not a servant!" He yelled back in rage. As he felt anger rising in him seeing Sofia mentioning isha like this. "And even if she was. Then I would have saved her. Every person's life is precious, it doesn't matter if it's you me or isha or any other servant "

"No, it's not. If something had happened to you then what would've happened to me, your family and Amma jaan? You have a family. But that isha doesn't have. She is an orphan. No one will cry after her. It won't affect anyone even after she die..."

"Sofia!!" A loud call left Arshad's mouth. He was seething in anger, The thought of something happen to isha scared the hell out of him. His heartbeat skipped. stomach felt a dreadful knot.

Sofia glared at him and went to the washroom. He was staring at the door she left. He never thought she can be this insensitive toward another person even if it was a servant. How could she say and thinks like this?

She was scared for you Arshad. Maybe that's why she spoke like this.

His subconscious spoke. He agreed.

Sofia came after sometime changing her clothes. She gulps her pills and lay on the bed without sparing a glance at him. He slowly lay beside her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Baby, I know, your worried that's why you said like that but my love, that was very insensitive words" he caressed her shoulder while trying to soothe her anger. She turns around and looks at him.

"I'm not a heartless bitch Arshad. I'm your wife and I will think about you first other than some orphan girl. For whom you put your life in danger" she said with a disappointed tone. Arshad sighed and decided not to argue.

"Let's forget about that. Now look I'm here in front of you all fit and fine" he tried to say in a cheerful tone. "Now come here" stretching his fine arms for her he said. She scoots closer with a small smile. He kissed her forehead and soon enough they both fall asleep.

--------

"Amma jaan, you say something to this idiot" Arshad said glaring at Asam.

"He is not wrong. We should extend his marriage date" Mrs Malik agreed with her son Asam.

"No, I don't think so..."

"Bhai, please. I want you to fit and fine for my marriage. And look you got shot in your arms. You can't even move your arms a little how will you enjoy my wedding which is in after four days" Asam try to make Arshad understand. He didn't want his elder brother more like father to just sit on the corner on his wedding.