8.

"Hey, it's okay. We're gonna have so much! You don't even know! I'm taking you out and we're gonna have a blast, okay?" I reassured him as we walked into first period that morning.

"You mean, I'm taking us out with all that money in the card?" He asked, arching an eyebrow at me with a smirk on his face.

"Hey, what're best friends for?" I smiled cheekily and he laughed, shaking his head.

"Blow jobs, according to you anyway. At least I think. I don't like to associate myself with you too much." Clara Joe snarled, giving me a snarky look as she walked into class and took her seat. Isaiah went to stand from his seat but I pulled him back down, to which he huffed at me for.

"I swear, if she wasn't a girl, I'd seriously fight her." He grumbled under his breath.

"I will not tolerate any more comments about others from you, Miss Joe. It's not allowed in my classroom. If I hear it again, you'll have Saturday detention with Miss Sutherby." Remington's cool and collected voice said as he calmly strolled into the room right as the bell rang.

"Yes sir, sorry sir." She said in her most high pitched voice, which I'm sure she assumed was attractive but actually just sounding like a freaking annoying ass bird.

"And stop calling me sir. It's Mr Mendoza." He said, scrunching his nose up in disgust. Isaiah and I snickered in the back when Remington's eyes landed on me. "Something funny, Miss Hatfield?"

"No, Mr Mendoza." I shook my head immediately, looking down at my desk.

"Well, maybe a detention ought to fix your problem you seem to have then." He suggested and I snapped my head up, screwing my face up.

"Excuse me, what problem?" I snapped and he laughed dryly. The entire class was silent. Even Isaiah seemed to been on the edge of his seat.

"Well, you laughed but said nothing is funny so clearly there's a problem. After school, today. Detention." He said, clearing his throat. Clara Joe and the three stooges were laughing, while Isaiah beside looked like he couldn't believe what just happened.

Mendoza went on and handed out another assignment to everybody like nothing just happened. Oh, I swear, I will kill that man.

When the bell rang, I stormed out of the class. I didn't want Isaiah to laugh at me because I'd never had a detention. I didn't want Clara and the stooges to laugh and rub it in my face. I avoided everyone for the rest of the day.
---
"Hey, it's fine. After practice, I'll take you home. Grace will just think you stayed after in the art room, like usual. It's fine, okay." Isaiah tried to reassure me. I was still fuming and boiling over with rage. I had not simmered the whole day.

"Yeah, well I'm gonna have a few words with him. I can't have this on my record." I said, rapidly shaking my head.

"Hey, it'll be fine okay. I'll see you after practice." He said, slipping into the locker room. I huffed, heading for Mendoza's classroom.

When I walked in, I let the door slam shut loudly to announce my presence. He looked up, then smirked when he noticed it was me.

"Ryleigh," He stood up and walked over to me. I sucked in a deep breath, trying to find the words I was gonna say before.

"I-I was just gonna say that... that..." I Stumbled, at a loss for words from his sudden close proximity.

"Yes?" He whispered, his voice low and husky.

"I-I don't deserve a detention. I-I..."

"Yes, Ryleigh?" He whispered, taking a step closer and closing any distance there previously was between us. His chest was almost touching mine, so close I could feel the body heat radiating off of him.