Chapter 66

MADISON POV
After 2 days everyone went back home. Dad, Amelia, and I stayed for 2 more days before going back.

We were on Christmas break but now it's over and I have to go back.

Everybody went back to arguing. They all wanted the cure so Elena didn't have to be a vampire anymore.

I don't get why she doesn't just stay like that. All the vampires I know seem to have no problem with it. Besides Bekah and Stef, they're always complaining about it.

I get Uncle Stef he had an evil alter ego that makes him rip people apart when he gets blood. He's like Sam, from Supernatural, when he had demon blood, they both go crazy.

Anyways Kol is back, Amelia and Dad went off on him for taking me and Nick to California. Amelia was angrier than dad, he was just mad we didn't take him.

And he blamed Stefan for not keeping a watch on me so...

"Alright class, before you go to lunch remember your papers are due Thursday." Mrs. Jackson, my reading teacher, told us.

We grabbed our backpacks going to our next class across the hall. "I'm starving," Nick said from behind me.

"Will you calm down, we're about to go eat." I rolled my eyes "Maddy. Want to work together for the paper?" Ally asked me.

We were all standing in line outside of Mr. Gordon's door, our science teacher, waiting to go inside.

"Ye—." Nick cut me off "Mm-mm, she's already with me." He shook his head "You get Maddy for everything."

"No, I don't." He denied "Yes, you do." Benny confirmed he's the smartest one in our group, a lot of people pick on him because of it.

"And it's not fair." Layla spoke up "Good afternoon." Mr. G gleaned out and the line started moving. Occasionally, some kids fist-bumped him like my group did.

We went to our seats putting our backpacks on our seats walking out of the classroom, to go to lunch.

They kept arguing over working with me "Doesn't matter, I'm working with Ben. Right, Benny?" I moved over to him.

"You are?" He asked and I nodded smiling "Cheater." They glared at Benny "No, he's just my favorite." I smiled.

"That is so not!"

"Fair!"

"Shh!" I shushed them they were loud "Are you guys going to the parent-teacher conference Friday?" I asked.

"Yeah."

Nick looked away from us. My bad, I forgot both of his parents are dead.

We got to the front of the line, so we could get our trays now.

"You can come with me and my dad if you want? I think he kind of likes you." I whispered to Nick.

"It's fine. I didn't plan on going anyways." He grabbed his tray and I huffed "Is he ok?" Mira asked.

"Y-yeah. Just stuff." We all walked to our table where Nick was sitting. Nick was quiet the entire time, usually, he's the one doing all the talking.

~~~

Me and Nick walked out of school it was torn to go.

"Kol? What are you doing here? I thought dad was picking us up?" I asked him happy he was here also confused.

"He was a little busy, he asked me to pick the two of you up. Come on." Nick and I got into his car.

"Since when do you have a car?" Nick asked him "Since I found one in a room full of cars at Nik's house."