74. VIP

'Belial - a fateful night' is ROMANTIC and EXCITING

***

   Living with Em is heaven and hell.

   The week he's been staying with me turned into nearly a month.

   I can't imagine my day, starting without watching his beautiful face, slowly shaking off sleep and brightening by the most gorgeous, dimpled smile in the world.

   I know it's creepy, but I do it. I stare at him every morning, waiting patiently to see the blue magic spill from under his eyelids, engulfing me with tenderness and warmth.

   I love him, but this ordinary phrase always seems insufficient to express what I feel. I need him. I adore every single bit of him. I belong to him.

   I got so used to the loud music, booming in the kitchen from early morning and him, bouncing to the pieces of 'Thirty Seconds to Mars', 'Soundgarden' and 'Bring Me The Horizon' while preparing breakfast, that I don't think I'll ever be able to start my day in any other way. I knew none of these bands, but I can sing along now and recite the lyrics by heart.

   I had never heard him singing before and was totally taken aback when Em's deep, rich voice concurred the entire space of my apartment. He was making breakfast when I peeked in the kitchen and was met by a wide grin and a finger, pointing at me.

   'On his face is the map of the world

   A map of the world!

   From yesterday, it's coming!

   From yesterday, the fear!

   From yesterday, it calls him... '*

   I almost fainted. The soulful, slightly rasping timbre resonated in every cell of my body. It made my legs weak and my mind dizzy.

   I have no doubt now . He'll become a super star. 

   His voice can evoke the deepest emotions, intoxicate, excite and make you addicted. People will fall in love with this sensual, husky sound. The world will be at his feet.

   A month in heaven passed as a blink of an eye.

   I didn't miss the solid food the first week. Em was incredibly resourceful in making all kind of broths, soups and smoothies to substitute it. 

   I was carried in his arms from the bed to the bathroom and back, dressed and fed and spoilt in all possible ways. 

   He cooked, cleaned and found numerous ways to entertain me and distract me from the pain and the fact that I had to lie down most of the time. 

   He called me five times, at least, to check if I'm ok during the few hours he spent with the band every day, only because I insisted that he shouldn't stop the rehearsals. He agreed to leave me only if Emma, Jamie or Lucky were with me while he was gone.

   Mikey and Tony often came to see me too.

   I always felt cared for and surrounded by friends.

   But it was hell at the same time.

   I couldn't hold Em the way I wanted. It was impossible to kiss him. He was so close all the time, but so unreachable.

   Em was so annoyingly careful to preserve all doctors' orders and restrain from anything that could slow down my recovery that I was fuming in few days. No pouting and trying to convince him to cuddle with me helped. He only chuckled and mumbled, 'Patience is a virtue' every time, winking at me.

   It's even more frustrating because our results are ready. We've made all the tests while in the hospital and are both perfectly healthy, but Em won't touch me because of the stupid bruises, covering my body. If I haven't hated Daniel so far, now I'm ready to strangle him, if I have the chance. 

   He got what he deserved, after all. The jerk was sentenced under the fast-track procedure to two years of effective imprisonment and paid damages of 50 000 in the local currency, which was more than 30 000 USD. He didn't appeal the verdict because he knew that, if he had tried, Em would do his best to put him in prison for at least five years or Lucky would kill him with his bare hands.

   We all tried to put all of it behind our backs and move on, although, Emma firmly refused to go on that date with Lucky before she was sure that I'm fully recovered. The band also postponed their first gig for the season with two weeks.

   I had no broken or dislocated bones. So, I'm almost as good as new in twenty days, except the bruise on my side, which doesn't hurt but is really ugly, and a small scar on the lip.

   The long-awaited, last Saturday of October has come. 

   The boys went to the club earlier to prepare.

   I and Emma are getting ready to go. It's almost eight p.m. She's waiving two shiny, plastic cards in her hand, grinning from ear to ear.

   "I can't believe that I have a permanent pass for the most popular place in town. This is going to be wild," she rants. "Lucky said that the car will pick us in ten minutes. And we'll have a personal bodyguard who'll lead us in through the back entrance. Oh My God! I feel so special. We're real VIPs."

   "No, we're not," I retort, shaking my head. "Don't be so dramatic. It's just that the crowd is too thick at the main entrance and the boys don't want us to wait outside."

  "Why can't you just once admit that we're super cool," she pouts, adjusting her uncomfortably short skirt for the hundredth time.

   I smirk and take her hand, pulling her to the door.

   "Ok, I admit. We rock!"

__________________________________

*Thirty Seconds To Mars - 'From Yesterday'

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 74!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

The bad is behind Sunny and new exciting times are coming. 🥰🥰🥰

Are you curious to see the notorious club and Em's band performance?

Do you expect the next surprise? 😉

Any ideas what it might be?

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny