Ch. 19 -

A/N: hi there! if you could choose one small thing to put in this story (an unlikely friendship, a trip to a coffee shop, a specific encounter with another character, an event, etc.) what would it be? If you're lucky I might add it in at some point. Also I watched S5 ep1 today and I was insanely happy.

Trigger warning: this chapter mostly just contains minor trauma responses (I think that's what they're called, but please correct me if I'm wrong) such as freezing up, shaking, etc. but towards the end Midoriya starts having a panic attack but Shinso basically talks him out of it. If you think this will negatively affect you, please don't read past the warning (⚠️) and if you do decide to keep reading, don't be afraid to stop if you start feeling uncomfortable.
Have fun reading!

Aizawa POV

I texted Shinso to let Midoriya sleep in and to bring him to the principal's office during their lunch period, but he texted back saying they were both already up and ready to go. I guess this needs to be done sooner rather than later. I told him to just come over now.

A few minutes later I heard a few quiet greetings in the teachers lounge from Nezu's office. It always surprises me how gentle Hizashi can be around people with trauma and other citizens when the situation calls for it. When we were in high school he had always been ridiculously loud even without his quirk, in any situation. He had almost failed the license exams because all the people he saved in the rescue portion had taken off points for being so loud. Granted, I had almost failed because I didn't talk to or comfort any of the citizens. The exams weren't designed for underground heroes.

The door to Nezu's office opened and Shinso walked in, pushing Midoriya in his wheelchair.

The poor kid looked like he hadn't slept well at all, and looked at me solemnly.

"Hey, kid. How ya holding up?" I try to convey my concern in words.

"Better, I think." He said, and I watched as Shinso put a hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

I gave him a small nod.

"That's good. I'm sure you know there's a lot going on right now and as much as I don't want to do this right now, it's better if we get it over with. If at any point this becomes too much just let one of us know and you can take a break."

I took his nod as a sign to continue.

"This is detective Tsukauchi, he works with the police." I gestured towards a a man sitting in a chair in the office.

"Hello, Midoriya." He holds out his hand to shake but Midoriya just looks at it warily until he finally decides to drop it.

"Sorry. I'm here for both the League of Villains incident and your mother's death. My condolences, by the way."

I saw Midoriya stiffen, but he held the man's gaze.

"What do you need to know?" He was quiet, but his words were clear.

"My quirk is called lie detector. I can't really turn it on or off, statements just register in my head as true or false. If it's alright with you I am going to start with the league incident and ask you a few questions. After that I'm going to need an in-depth description of everything that you can remember happening while there."

"I-...Okay."

"Everything you say will be strictly confidential. The league is going to be behind bars for a long time but we need to know the full extent of what happened in order to charge them accordingly. If you'd like, everyone but myself can leave the room when we begin."