Chapter 19: I'll Always Be By Your Side

Falconblaze krept into his nest, exhausted. Mistyflight had recently moved inot the nursery and it feld cold and strange without her. But after a long day with a dawn patrol and then 2 hunting patrols alongside training Redpaw, it didn't take long for him to fall asleep. But it felt like just as he fell asleep it felt like he woke up.

The forest was green and cool around him. A first he didn't see any difference, since there was Greenleaf in NightClan territory too, but soon he noticed things that weren't in his territory now. He gazes around, puzzled.

"Hello? Is there somebody here?" Falconblaze calls out. A holly bush rustles and a black cat steps out. Falconblaze screeches with surprise and turns to run, as he thinks at first the cat is Shadowstar. But then he slowly turns again.

"R-raven?" he stammers. His blue eyes widen with shock. "Is that really you?"

"Yes my kit." his mother purrs. "It is me. Oh, how much you have grown!"

Like a little kit Falconblaze yowls with glee and bounces over to her. "Mama!" He snuggles close to her.

"Have you come back to stay?" he looks up. Falconblaze knew it was a stupid question, but still a glimmer of hope sparked inside him.

"I'm sorry dear. I can't. But I'm so proud of you! And Misty! She's going to make a wonderful mother." Raven purrs loudly, but Falconblaze shuffles her paws.

"Raven, I'm not so sure about Brackenclaw as the father though..." he looks away. Raven sighs and looks at her son.

"I know Brackenclaw isn't the most wonderful tom you could hope for." She began. "But he really does love Mistyflight! And he will love their kits as well. But it might be up to you to make sure he doesn't teach the little ones too much about battle and honor. Brackenclaw is a good and strong warrior, but you have the brains and stealth to compare."

Falconblaze looks up and nods. "I understand." he mewes quietly. Raven smiles.

"Good. And never forget, that I will always be by your side. No matter what, I will always be by your side." Raven started to fade, so did the rest of the forest.

"No! Wait! Don't go!" Falconblaze called. But it was too late. The forest disappeared into the normal blackness of sleep.