Chapter 5: Raven!

Misty shreaks as dirt from the roof showers down on her. In fear she lunges forwards, and into the grasp of the grey tom. He yowls with triumf as he catches hold of her and drags her out.

"Bad luck kit. But Shadowstar will be happy when I bring you back to camp as fresh kill!" HE hisses at her. Misty cries out. Then Falcon hears a russling sound.

"Leave her alone!" Raven screeches, exploding from the shadows. Her black fur was fluffed up, her teeth bared. Falcon thought she looked very scary!

"Huh! Grayfang isn't scared by a simple queen like you!" the tom hissed.

"Well, you should be! I'd do ANYHTING to protect them." She spits at him, coming closer. Greyfang narrows his eyes, and lets his claws slide out.

"You want to fight? Bring it on kit-mother!" He meowes, as he too comes closer. But before he coes one tail length Raven is gone. She slides underneath him, twisting around so she can kick him in the stomach. He hisses and grabs for her long sleek tail. She drags it away in the last moment, snapping at his ear. He howls, and backs away. She takes the opportunity to headbutt him, and slash at his face.

"Leave me alone!" He screeches at last, and turns and flees. Raven is left panting, but unhurt. Falcon scrambles up and over to his sister where she was left trembling on the ground.Raven sank down on the ground beside them and pulled her two kits close.

"I love you." She whispers gently to them. Falcon and Misty snuggles close to her, and all 3 cats fall asleep.