Chapter 4: Primus Sanguis

!!!!! Caution: Violence !!!!!

    After waking up the next morning, Nevaeh found that Chirp had already grown to Adulthood. Although she couldn't have been ready for it, she couldn't help but feel guilty for not being prepared for his first steps into adulthood.

     "Maybe I should throw you a birthday party, how's that sound?" she asked Chirp.

     He darted his head up from it's dormant position on his front paws and squealed in delight. Nevaeh smiled at him, then sighed.

     "Too bad I don't have things to sell for money." she pouted.

     Chirp trilled in disappointment, then stood up and walked out into Nevaeh's living room. Nevaeh sighed, before getting out of bed and making her way to her kitchen. She looked in the fridge for something to eat, then settled on leftover apple slices. Chirp walked over to her and snatched the bag out of her hands.

     "Hey!" she playfully shouted at him.

     Chirp chirped in glee, then went to her couch and layed down. Nevaeh followed, then took the bag out of his mouth and opened it. She poured the apple slices on the ground, despite how messy it was. Chirp got off the couch and began to eat the apple slices.

     Nevaeh walked back over to the fridge and pulled out a full apple instead. She cut it up and ate them, occasionally glancing at Chirp to make sure he didn't get any funny ideas. After she was done, she checked up on Chirp, and saw he was just laying on the floor, resting.

     "Hey, wanna go to the town center?" she asked him, and he raised his head in excitement.

     "Alright then, lets go."

     Chirp stood up and followed her to the door, then ran out when she opened it.

     "Hey! Slow down!" Nevaeh yelled after him. Although it was a joke, he immediately slowed down and went back to her. She felt slightly bad for yelling at him, but it would be hard to raise an animal without discipline.

     It wasn't a long walk, but she dreaded it anyway. She lived only a few blocks away, and always walked to it no matter how tired she was. She heard commotion while approaching, but thought nothing of it, since it was always loud there. Upon reaching the town center, she found the protest had become a riot.

     "Scammers!" one yelled.

     "Robbed us of our rights!"

     Nevaeh didn't see how going to a certain place was a human right, but she knew better than to ask.

     The situation was bad, but it was only the beginning. She put Chirp back in his pod, for safety.

     "Let us in, or I'll kill you!"

     Nevaeh knew they were most likely bluffing, seeing as there was little to no reason to unnecessarily escalate the situation with violence, but she backed away nonetheless.

     But the bluff soon became reality, when somebody took out their Saurium.

     Sauriums were known to be violent, the most violent one of the two available so far.

     "Back! Back!" said one of the guards towards the rogue Saurium.

     The Saurium growled, before hissing and biting the air in warning. The guard backed up, knowing the dragon's potential, yet he still was willing to fight. It seemed as if the owner of the rogue Saurium finally realized this was maybe not the best solution, as they tried to put them back in their pod. The Saurium hissed once more, towards both the trainer and the guard. The trainer backed away into the crowd in fear.

     The guard pointed his sword at the Saurium, warning it.

     "Back, beast, back!" the guard said whilst waving the sword in it's direction.

     The Saurium hissed and growled, ignoring the guard's warnings by moving closer. The guard tried to move back, but was trapped against the barricade. He tried to move under, but he had to keep his eyes on the dragon. It seemed like the Saurium took him moving his head down as a threat, so it growled again, baring it's jagged teeth. The Saurium moved it's head down then up again, waving it's horns, as if to warn the guard, who no longer posed a threat.

     The Saurium lunged at the guard, just as the backup for the lone guard came, but they were too late. It pierced one of it's horns into the guard's forehead, while the other pierced into his eye sockets. The man screamed and dropped his sword, then realizing he could fight back due to the close proximity, began punching the Saurium. This only made it angrier. The Saurium bit his arm, then pulled, ripping deep, long, streaks in his arm. The other guards then began hitting the dragon with their swords, slicing the furred flesh into slices. As a creature with little health, it died easily.

     "Someone call an ambulance!" somebody in the audience yelled.

     One of the guards called an ambulance, while the others pulled the Saurium's owner out of the crowd and took them into a house labeled "EMPLOYEES ONLY".

     Nevaeh snapped out of the trance the frenzy had put her in, and began to freak out silently. She was contemplating whether it was safe or not to go back to her base, when she heard somebody say:

     "That must be why it's closed."

-----

(a/n I swear I wrote the "Nevaeh didn't see how going to a certain place was a human right, but she knew better than to ask." part BEFORE all this was goin down please don't hurt me 😔😔😔)