Chapter Three

Dani and I raced down the stairs, our Dad yelling "Ahhh! Scary Witches! Scary witches!" Pretending to be scared, making us giggle.

Max followed behind us with a hat and sunglasses on. "What about you, Max? What are you supposed to be?"

"A rap singer." Max spoke coldly.

"Oh," Dad said, "well, then, your hat should be on sideways, shouldn't it?" He said, moving Max's hat sideways.

"Everyone, say: Halloween!" Mom exclaimed holding up the camera.

Dad, Dani, and I all say in sync: Halloween! and smiled.

...

Max sat on the porch of the house we were at. Acting like a 'cool teenager.'

"Lighten up, Max." Dani said.

"Can we go home now?" He asked.

"No." Dani and I said together.

We all looked ahead and there were five or six teenagers causing havoc. Future drop outs probably.

"Let's just go this way." Max said leading us another way.

I started to follow when Dani walked towards the teen boys.

"Dani!" Max and I said.

"Ding-Ding. Ding-Ding." The plump teen said, raising his leg so Dani couldn't walk past.

"Stop and pay the toll, kid." A tall, skinny, blond said.

"Tell chocolate bars, no licorice." The plump boy said.

"Dump out your sack." The blond said.

"Drop dead, moron." Dani snapped at the boys.

I silently celebrated for her but payed attention to what would happen.

"Yo," plumpy said, "twerp. How'd you like to be hung off that telephone pole?"

"I'd just like to see you try, because it just so happens I have my older brother and sister with me." Dani said, turning around and beckoning us.

"Hollywood!" The boys shouted, then ran to each other and pretend to quiver.

"So, you're doing a little trick-or-treating." Blondie said while reenacting trick-or-treating and getting scared.

"I'm just taking my sisters around." Max snapped.

Blondie looked me up and down before eyeing his friends and giving an 'ok' hand gesture.

I glared and was thankful Max didn't see. "That's nice." Blondie said. "Whoa! I love the costume." He said smacking the Bill of Max's hat.

"But, what are you supposed to be? A new kid on the block?" They all laughed an over exaggerated laugh.

"For your information, he's a little leaguer!" Dani said.

Oh my lord. I wish she didn't say that. I thought to myself.

Then, they re-enacted a baseball pitch and swing.

I grabbed Max and Dani's hands and started walking past when plumpy stuck his finger in my chest.

"Wait a minute." He started, "Everybody pays the toll."

I slapped his hand off me and when he started to retaliate Max stepped in and said, "Hey! Ice, here. Pig out." And shoved the candy bag to plumpy.

We started walking away when plumpy called out, "And, Hollywood, the shoes fit great!" Before they started laughing their asses off.

"You should've punched them." Dani said.