Chapter Six

We were coughing and clearing our throats. "Are you okay?" Allison asked Max.

"Mmm-hmm." He said while nodding.

"What is this place, Binx?" Max asked.

"It's the old Salem crypt." He answered.

"Here, take the book." Allison said handing it to Max.

"It connects to the sewer and up to the street." He continued.

"Charming." I said, sarcasm fills my voice. Dani hugs around my waist tighter and I draw my left arm around her.

"Don't look up Y/N/N and Dani." Max says.

"Don't worry, we won't." Dani replied.

"Relax. I've hunted mice down here for years." Thackery states.

"Mice? Oh, god." Dani says, worry filling her voice.

"This way!" Binx says after minutes of waking. I've loosened a bit on Dani, but still kept hold of her as we walked. "Come along. Not much further." He said after a few more moments. He muttered some things to himself and then said "Oh. Look, down here!" He exclaimed as he turned right.

"Go, Binx!" Max says.

"Come on guys this way!" Allison says.

"Up the ladder!" Binx says. Max is first there. "Come on." Binx says while jumping onto Max's shoulder.

Max lifted up the sewer lid as Binx walked out. I heard the sound of a car and Max yelling, "Binx, look out!" And he closed the lid and jumped off the latter.

"Binx! Oh!" Dani whined. I saw a tear come from her eye as she hugged me.

"Oh, my god." Was all Max could say as we crawled out. There was a dead Binx with a tire mark down his stomach.

Dani took one look and fell into me crying. Tears sprang from my eyes too as I latched tighter onto Dani. Allison hugged us as well, Allison resting her head on mine.

"It's all my fault." Max said, annoyance in his voice.

Allison grabbed his sleeve and said, "Max, it's not your fault." Dani and I looked over to Binx to see his ribs and stomach expanding to its normal size.

"Max, look." Was all I could get out, for I was in shock.

He sat up and shook his head, "Ugh, I hate it when that happens." We all looked at each other with our eyes wide. "What? I told you, I can't die. Dani, Y/N, you all right?" He asked.

I nodded my head and smiled as did Dani. "Okay then, let's go." He said jumping up.

...

We ran and ran until we found an officer on a bike. "Officer, Officer!" Dani shouted as we ran towards him.

"Officer, we need your help." I say.

"What's the problem?" He asked.

"Tell him." Dani said, shaking Max's coat.

"Go ahead." Allison said, touching his sleeve slightly.

"Well..." he started, "Well, you see...I just moved here." He paused. The cop stared at him blankly so Max continued, "Well, you see, it's like this, I...I broke into the old Sanderson house and I brought the witches back from the dead. See I even have the book." He said bringing it forward, towards the Officer.

The Officer looked down at the book then back to Max. "You lit the black flame candle?" He asked.

"Yeah." Max said, a small smile appearing on his face, probably relieved that the officer believes him.

"Come on." He said getting off his bike. "Okay, let's get on the sidewalk." He said stepping on it himself.

"And he's a virgin." Dani added in, making me cringe.

"Come here." Said the Officer to Max. Max stepped closer, "Are you a virgin?" He asked.

"Yeah." Max replied.

"Really?" The Officer asked in disbelief.

"Look, I'll get it tattooed on my forehead, okay." Max said, his patience growing thin.

"Officer, this is not a prank." I said.

"Really." Dani backed me up.

"Hey!" He shouted. "I put my life on the line to protect this community and you punks pull this? Get outta here."

"Come on, girls." Max said to all of us.

"And take that cat with you." He said, motioning to Binx who followed us.