Chapter 6 - Whiplash

Marianne's POV

I stare at the door Angelo just walked out of in shock. Why does he look so angry all of a sudden?

What did i do now?

What is his problem?

His actions are so unpredictable, he is giving me whiplash.

*

Later in the day, Ally's youngest sister Zara and Sister-in-law Lola join us, Sienna and Roman return from whatever Rendevious they had dissapeared of to and we proceed to sing Sienna a happy birthday, and share some of her birthday cake.

The guys who are still around, help to set up a screen to watch a movie outside, just like Sienna wanted.

With my popcorn and comfy blanket to protect me from the evening cold, i make myself comfortable on some comfy pillows next to Liz.

The movie has not started yet and so, i briefly looked around to see where everybody else is lying and with whom. Angelo who is just walking out of the house with Nick, stops near where everybody is gathered, and i see him look over everyone as if looking for someone.

Our eyes met and i quickly looked away.

I feel someone approach us but don't look up to check. Few seconds later, he walks up to me and Liz. I don't even need to look up to confirm it is actually him, my crazy heartbeat is already doing it for me.

"Got room for one more" his deep voice asks politely.

I look up finally, surprised at his request.

"No" i snap, then add, "sorry" to soften the rejection.

He smirks, he then looks at Liz, who looks at me questioningly in return.

I dare her to disagree with me with my eyes.

"Uuhhmm....sorry" she looks up at him appologetically.

He holds her stare.

"I am going to go and pick up some more pillows." Liz succumbs to the pressure of his eyes, standing up quickly.

Before i can stand up too, Angelo sits down quickly and holds my wrist when i attempt to stand up.

"Relax, i won't bite....unless you want me too" He winks at me.

I look at where his fingers are wrapped around my wrist and briefly watch as his thumb moves from side to side.

Then i pull my hand away sharply, and place it under my blanket, away from his reach.

How does he keep doing this? making the people around me leave, leaving me alone and isolated.

I don't even want to look around me at Lu or Rita, because i know they are probably watching us now and i will never hear the end of this.

Angelo leans back on his elbows, making himself look more relaxed and comfortable.

"Stop looking like you are about to run, relax" he scolds me, obviously noticing how tense i am.

"Oh am sorry, i was just trying to decide what mood you are in right now, because it's really hard to keep up with your hot and cold demeanor." i retort, looking back at him.

"Hot and cold?" he smirks.

I give him a serious glare.

He frowns and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Ok well, i am sorry, i realise that sometimes, i didn't act right with you before"

"Some times? Because i recall several times, infact everytime we have met" i respond, feeling angry.