Chapter 23 - Faults and Glories

Angelo sits in silence for the most part of forty five minutes, as he watches his sisters and i, sort of get to know each other. He sits next to me and occasionally feeds off my plate, something that has not gone unnoticed by them.

Alana is unbelievably sweet and warm towards me and i think she and i would probably get along well if we ever had the chance to spend more time together. Plus, she is not asking direct questions about me, but instead, bringing up topics that we can all easily converse in, which is nice.

Alexis, on the other hand, is not giving off much of herself for me to get to know her a little better. She is only speaking when spoken to and the only time she spoke first, was to ask me my age and what i did for a living.

She is not being rude or anything though, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to guess that she does not like that i am here with her brother.

I still can't believe that Angelo invited them over while i am still here though, and i wonder if it's a reflection of the progress of our relationship and how he feels about me now.

"Well, i have to get going. I have to get to school for sports practice and i can't be late. It was really nice to meet you both" i say standing up and bringing Angelo to full attention.

"What sports practice?" he asks, standing up too. I didn't mention it to him before and i can already see his unbelieving glare.

"Uhmmm, well, there is going to be an inter-school sports tournament in a couple of weeks and so now every weekend the students meet at school to practice various games, i train the volleyball and track team" I explain.

"You didn't mentioned anything like that to me before" he complains.

"Yeah, sorry, i forgot." I respond.

"Oh..ok, well, Bella, our niece, is having her ten years birthday party this afternoon, you should come, it would be nice to have you, right Ange?" Alana offers.

"It's for family only Lana, besides, i am sure she will be busy with her.... coaching thing, it sounds like a lot of work." Alexi responds before i can say anything.

"Well, it would be nice to have you, if you could make it" Alana mutters.

"Thank you. Maybe next time" i decline politely. Angelo remains quiet during the exchange.

"I will be down in a minute" i excuse myself avoiding Angelo's eyes.

I walk up the stairs thoughtfully.

Since last night, something has changed between us, atleast on my part. I am not supposed to fall for him, he is not in my life to stay, he made that clear early on. He is not looking for a commitment, he doesn't have time or energy for that, and i have always known that, but now it's what i want from him with all my heart.

I have gotten used to him, when he is around, i feel content, even during those moments when we are arguing or silent and not saying anything, i am content just to have him around.

When it's just the two of us, it's great, amazing. He makes me feel safe, cared for, wanted. He makes me happy and excited to be alive.

I take a deep breathe and sit down on the bed.

"Hey" Angelo says, when he walks into the room and finds me sitting on the bed.

"Did you just make that up, so you can leave?" he asks, before I can even respond.

"No, i really have training to get to" i say, standing up.

He watches me collect my things, putting them in my bag.