ARC FIVE:CH-5.7

"How could you do this to me! Xiao Ming! I am your mother!"

Empress Ming yelled at his son.

His son stared down at him with ruthless eyes. With the same sword she would repeatedly see in this dream Xiao Ming slashed it down onto her body, stabbing her right shoulder. The hilt of the sword had the same pink flower keychain dangling on it.

"You tried to harm my person. You deserve death!"

She steered her eyes at the slender figure next to her son. The person's face was still a blur. She narrowed her eyes trying to have a closer look on the figure's face but before she could find out the appearance of the person she had her throat slit by the blade.

"Cough! Cough!" She woke up coughing frantically. Her body was shaking and sweating at the same time.

"Your highness!" The maid beside her handed her some water.

Empress Ming drank some before pushing it away. She was too distressed. The nightmare....it kept repeating the same scene of her dying by her son's hands. It was getting more and more vivid as time went on as if implying something.
Not good. She thought to herself. She needed to have a meeting with her son.

The next morning she did as she said.

"Xiao Ming! Sit down. We are having morning tea together." She said to her son.

Xiao Ming did as his mother told him to do so. When he sat down he told one of the servant to fetch something from his bedroom.

"Did you get yourself a lover?" She asked carefully. Her soul agitated to hear the answer.

Xiao Ming smiled lightly. "Yes mother. I will bring him to meet you someday." His mother never really disturbed his private life. For that he was rather thankful. Because of this he had his adventure time to venture out until he found his Yue Ling.

Empress Ming hid her anxious self. She smiled at him. "Good. Let me meet him soon."

"Okay." Just thinking about Yue Ling he wanted to leave right away. He saw the servant walking back with the thing he told him to fetch.  Standing up he bowed to his mother. "I shall take my leave then."

Empress Ming smiled as she saw him walk away. Just as she was about to avert her eyes she froze. The tea cup in her hands fell down to the ground, shattering to pieces. Her eyes were wide with fear, and shock.
The noise caused Xiao Ming to look back. He then saw his mother make a horrid expression as of she had seen a ghost. "What's wrong mother?" He rushed over. But even when he came closer her eyes were fixated on something. Then he heard her say.

"S....so...so....son. Where did you get your sword from?" She stuttered anxiously, her voice trembling.

Xiao Ming was confused. But he did not think much of it. "My lover bought it for me."

Thump!

Empress Ming felt her heartbeat drop. She was shocked and terrified to see the very same sword with a pink flower keychain dangling from its hilt...the same sword from her nightmare into her son's hand. It was as if.... She was so shocked that she went silent.

"Mother....is there something wrong with my sword?"

Ah? Empress Ming could barely contain her composure from breaking down. "No..." She shook her head. "No...its just I have never seen it before so I just asked...." To hide her panicked self she pretended to yawn covering half of her face with her long sleeves.