Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Heidi’s P.O.V

Ms Chamberlain had a choreographer come in and showed us the dance after school. In the first part, Dani was to dance with me before dancing with Jessie and me with Skylar. I wasn’t too happy about that, but it was what it was.

I got to dance with her in the last half of the song anyway, and that was the part that really mattered. Overall, I liked the dance, and I thought it was quite interesting to see it come alive.

We only stayed back for two hours before we could leave. Dani and I walked to my car together. She didn’t drive this morning because I picked her up so I had dropped her off at home too. I appreciated every minute I got with her, no matter how little it was. Every second was precious to me.

“So, court tomorrow.” She started. “How are you feeling about that? I can sense your tension.”

I sighed at her as I threw my things into the car before getting in. Every time I thought about it, I felt myself getting anxious. I just wanted everything done and over with so I could focus on my life again. 

“I suppose I’m anxious about it.”

She got in beside me and I started the car and pulled out of the school. “Want me to come with you?”

I shook my head. “No. It’s a school day and I don’t want you to miss school because of me. Samantha would ground us both.”

I watched a frown deepened her brows. “Well, what am I supposed to do then?”

I sighed at her as we cruised towards Henry’s daycare. “Well, you can go to school and take notes for the both of us. Teach me what you learn tomorrow and I’ll tell how court goes.”

She turned to look at me, a cute pout on her face that made my stomach flutter. I reached for her hand and brought it to my lips, placing a gentle kiss on it. “Go to school. I’ll be fine.”

She gave in with a reluctant sigh. “Okay.”

A couple of minutes later, we pulled up at the daycare centre. Dani waited in the car while I ran in and got Henry. Then we were heading towards her house.

She turned to Henry in the backseat, a childish grin on her face. “Hey buddy, I smuggled something for you.” She used her hand to block her mouth as she whispered to him. But she may as well didn’t bother because I could hear everything she said. “Don’t tell your mother.”

Henry laughed. I could hear his giggles as she pulled out something from her pocket and gave it to him.

He gasped with excitement. “Open! Open!”

“Please,” I told him.

“Open peas!” 

I watched through the mirror as she opened an airhead and handed it back to him. “Here you go, baby.”