Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Heidi's P.O.V Cont'd

That last rehearsal was one of the best so far. Maybe because Dani actually allowed me to jump in her duet, and it sounded pretty good. All the falters I heard with her, and Jaxon wasn't there when she sang with me. I started to think he was the problem and not her.

Or they just weren't compatible.

She helped me with a couple of parts in the group performances that I was struggling with. She was a really wonderful singer and dancer. Talented, and she made it look easy.

Since then, leaving notes in my locker seemed to be her new favourite thing to do. The message would always be like 'meet me here... meet me there' in eighth period. Today she wanted me to meet her on the roof.

I remember how she ditched me in the library yesterday after I subtly intended at what happened between her and Jessie. Terrible idea.

So, I made a mental note with all her boundaries and so far she drew her lines anywhere that involved her emotions.

Today, though, I really wanted to not have her run away from me. I just got her to want to be in the same space as me without having Aria, or any other person as a cushion, and I didn't want to mess that up again. We were making progress, and that made me excited.

I played it safe and make small talk when we met up. "I did karate," I told her. "It was my dad's idea because this arsehole punched me in the face one time."

She chuckled at that. "Yeah, I remember that. You got a broken nose and a black eye. Bled all over the canvases in the art room and everyone was mad that you ruined their work. Man, that made me so happy."

I shoved her shoulder. "Gee thanks."

She laughed, and it was the sweetest sound ever. "I," she began, turning to me again. "went to Florence for my sixteenth birthday."

I gasped, remembering a time when she was absolutely crazy over going to the famous Italian city. "You really went? Was it everything you dreamt?"

She shrugged and looked away into the distance. "Heh,"

I looked at her more closely. That didn't sound very enthusiastic. "Did you not enjoy the trip?"

"It was ok."

"Okay?" I repeated, and she nodded in response.

"Yeah, I mean I got to see Rome and ate at this 3 Michelin star restaurant, which was pretty dope. Carly got sick though, so I didn't get to...It's fine."

But I could tell it wasn't. She was disappointed.

"Would you go back if you get the chance?"

She smiled lightly. "Of course. It's Italy."

I smiled too, and just then this crazy thought popped into my head. I could take her, couldn't I? Maybe for her birthday this year? Let's see, by December fourth we should get a winter holiday. I could take Henry and Aria and we go together. We could spend a couple of days, maybe visit Venice as well-

"I spy." She said, breaking through my thoughts.

I remembered this from when we were much younger but weren't we a little too old for this stuff now? This is the sort of thing I do with Henry. It's weird now to sit here and do it with her. I frowned "Not this. It's a kid's game."

"Come on. I spy." She groaned at me impatiently. It was sexy and my body responded to it without my permission.

I shook my head but gave in to her. "What do you spy, Harper?"