||31||

“Ellie.” Elliot called peeping inside her room to see his sister but the only thing he saw was a heap of blanket on her bed. The air conditioner in her room was turned to lowest temperature despite the already cold temperature.

“What the fuck, Ellie!” He exclaimed and went to turn off the air conditioner. He opened the windows however the room was still very cold. “Why is the temperature so low?” he asked in confusion.

Elise pulled the blanket a little down to look at him with a frown. “I was feeling warm.” She said.

“Then, you should have turned the temperature to normal after a while.” He commented and pulled out a warm hoodie to throw at her from her wardrobe.

“But I left the remote on the desk and I didn’t want to get out of the blanket.” She whined pulling on the hoodie. It was really warm and made her sleepy again.

“Why are you here so early in the morning? I have a day off. I could have slept in.” she complained walking inside the bathroom to get fresh. It was Stone's party at the evening and she was given a day off. She really wanted to sleep till noon.

“I wanted to talk to you before leaving.” He said making her bed for her. They took pride in doing things for each others. Unlike most siblings where there is usually playful banter, Elise and Elliot didn’t have any. They had wasted five years and didn’t have any more time to waste.

Elise walked out the bathroom with an oil bottle in her hand.

“I will listen to you only if you oil my hair, deal?” She said with a grin.

Elliot checked the time on his watch and rolled up his sleeves. He sat down on the edge of the bed and asked her to sit down between his legs on the ground. Elise happily obliged and sat down with crossed legs on the carpeted floor.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” she asked.

Elliot massaged her head. He could be a massage therapist if his law career didn’t work out. But that was a thing to be worried about in future.

“There is a client.” He said and cleared his hair. His fingers on her head stopped their work. “It isn’t my usual type of case. Nothing high profile. But I still took the case. I just wanted to help her. I couldn’t say no after meeting her.”

“But?” Elise urged. She knew there must be a catch there.

“I think I like her.” he confessed in a low voice.

“Really!” she shrieked. “Oh my god. I am so happy for you Lee. Did you tell her?” she asked giddily.

Elliot smacked her head making her frown.

“Weren’t you listening? She is my client. I don’t know what to do. I like her but its unprofessional. Helen didn’t want me to take the case in the first place and if I turn into something personal she would be disappointed in me. I am confused.” He sighed heavily.

Damn! Elise thought. Both brother and sister were so unprofessional. She chuckled at the thought. One had started liking his client while the other had started falling for her boss.

“Don’t think about professionalism Lee. Being in love with our boss slash clients run in our blood. Just think about what you want.”

“What do you mean?”

“You know our history. We were conceived when two co worker decided to be unprofessional,” she said, “Dad met Teresa and she was his regular customer back them. And right now Teresa is married to her boss, her director. I might hate that woman but at the end of day, we have the same genes.” She laughed and Elliot joined her.