18.

Sanskar and Swara stood up from their seat. Lakshya took cautious steps towards Sanskar. He was in shock. Everyone else was confused about the situation. Shekhar asked Sharmistha through gestures but she had no answers. Sobha looked at Swara but she indicated that she and Sanskar will handle it. Lakshya went and hugged Sanskar, he was in tears. The brother whom he thought dead had returned. Sanskar on the other hand was going through an internal struggle. Although they had decided to face the music when the time comes, he felt that he was not ready and certainly not in front of everyone. Swara sensed his state of mind and placed a supporting hand on his shoulder and indicated him to hug Lakshya back. They had to move forward. Lakshya became very happy when Sanskar hugged him back and he hugged him tighter.

After some time, they broke the hug and Swara suggested that Sanskar and Lakshya talk alone and so sent them to her old room. They moved to her room and Swara stayed outside to handle the situation. She asked everyone to stay silent and after Sanskar and Lakshya came they would explain everything. She was nervous, they didn't get much time to iron out their plan for this. They just decided that they would face Sanskar's family and this was too soon. Looks like we'll have to wing it, she thought.

On the other side, in Swara's old room, Sanskar was quiet he did not know what to say while Lakshya was going on and on about their family. Finally, when he asked him when they will go to Maheswari's house, Sanskar replied.

"Hum nahi arahe Lakshya. At least not now. Tumhe shayad yaad na ho par mujhe yaad hai, bade papa ne kya kya lanchhan lagae the Swara par. Mere pith piche kya horaha tha. Jahan mere apne papa ne mujhe samajh na toh dur meri baat tak nahi suni." Sanskar replied, turning his back to Lakshya.

"Bhai aur bakion ka kya? Humara kya?" Lakshya asked.

"Tum toh khud bahar reh rahe ho Lakshya aur rahi baat auron ki toh main kisi ko jhuthi umeed nahi dena chahata. Aur waise bhi, dur rehne se sab khush rahenge."

"Bhai!"

"Nahi Lakshya, main wahan nahi jana chahata aur tum please mujhe manane ki try mat karo." Sanskar said and sighed. "Abhi hum jyada baat nahin kar sakte. main tumhe call karunga. Yaha jyada baat nahi kar sakte." he started to go towards the door but he stopped and turned to Lakshya. "Bahar kisiko sach mat batna." Sanskar informed him and went out.

When they reached the living room, everyone stood up waiting for an answer from them. Sanskar looked at their faces and asked.

"Arre kya hua? Aap log hume ese kyun dekh rahe hai?" Sanskar asked.

"Sanskar, beta tum Lakshya ko kese jante ho? Swara toh kuch nahi bol rahi." Sharmistha asked him.

"Are maa Swara kaise kuch bolegi, usse bhi toh kuch nahi pata. Yeh, actually mera cousin hai, dur ke rishtedar hai. Bahut dino se hum nahi mile the. Aap logon ne toh dekh hin liya ki Marwari samaj ka byabahar." he clarified. Lakshya felt really bad about what Sanskar was saying so he excused himself from there. Swara thought that they don't want to expose their relation in front of everyone just then.

Sanskar then turned to Swara and asked her, "Chale Swara?" Swara looked at his eyes and could see the storm brewing inside him. She nodded her head in agreement.

"Arre itni jaldi," Sharmistha said.

"Han maa, jake thoda aaram karenge aur itne dino baad aaye hain toh kuch friends se bhi milenge. Main kal aati hun na." Sware replied and they left. On the way to the hotel, there was pin-drop silence in the cab. Sanskar was in his thoughts while Swara was filled with questions. She was bursting with questions. On the other side, Lakshya was in his room in Gadodia's house, he was sitting there with a determined expression on his face. He had decided that he will convince Sanskar to come home doesn't matter what his father says.