Chapter 1.1

Surah An-Nisa (4:135)- Believers! Be upholders of justice, and bearers of witness to truth for the sake of Allah, even though it may either be against yourselves or against your parents and kinsmen, or the rich or the poor: for Allah is more concerned with their well-being than you are. Do not, then, follow your own desires lest you keep away from justice. If you twist or turn away from (the truth), know that Allah is well aware of all that you do.

She sat on the lavish sofa of the living room inside the huge mansion in her heavy bridal lehenga accompanied by him.

The happiness that she should feel entering her husband's house was nowhere to be seen. Instead a void settled in her heart, of something bad happening. And her in laws proved her right.

"Ye diya hai tumhare maa baap ne?" She was in the process of taking in the interior when her mother in law taunted her showing the pure gold set, her parents gifted her specially demanded by them even though they knew that her family was middle class.

"Mamma wo…" she started but was rudely cut off by her.

"Mamma nahi hu mai tumhari." She looked down as tears escaped her eyes involuntarily. Was this what the first step in your house feels like? Was this the way to welcome newly wedded bride? Wasn't she supposed to call her husband's mother, Mamma?

"I am sorry." She whispered, wiping her tears away.

She expected her husband to say something but today she was bound to witness the cruelity of the world. Soon she was escorted to his room not before listening to her mother in law's never ending taunts.

As soon as his cousins left the room, her walls crumbled as she cried hysterically. She didn't even cried this much while saying good bye to her parents, not even few hours ago.

Thats how her entire life was going to be? 

Her thoughts disturbed as he entered the room. And again she did the wrong thing irrespective of him.

She expected! She expected to at least get a consolation from him and again, he didn't even wasted a second to prove her wrong.

All he said was…"Tumhare parents ko sharam nahi ayi...Mamma ko aisa ghatiya gift dete hue?" Before Zehna could held herself back, she spatted. "Apke parents ko sharam nahi ayi gift ki demand karte hue? Ap log ko to pehle se hamare maali halat ka pata tha…" she was going to say more but he shut her off while grabbing her hand in a painful grip.

"Shut that mouth of yours. Mere saamne awaz nichi rakho. Or khabardar jo mere parents par ungli uthayi to...mai lehaz nahi karunga ke tum ladki ho." He pushed her on the bed and stormed off in the bathroom.

Fate! And she accepted it whole heartedly without any complain...cause she knew, she couldn't go to her parent's house, she couldn't see the regret amd pain in her family's eyes.

And was that even a reason to go back? What if her parents didn't accept her? What if they told her to put up a fight?

The only thought that clouded her mind was, they will do the same with her family! She will die before letting them insult her family in front of everyone, everytime. So she decided to do the thing which she thought was best for the moment!

Next day when her family came for the reception, she behaved rudely or more precisely arrogantly with them. Only she knew how much she killed herself before doing it…

Her parents thought that she was behaving this way because now she is Raees. But only she knew how wrong they was.

"I hate you Aapi...aisa behaviour le kar hamare ghar mat ana." Her younger sister gritted out before storming out of the venue.