Chapter 3.4

She took a deep breath taking her time to process all the things. Just last night, her mother proposed Sikander's alliance. She denied. The beating. Hospital. Her father announced Nikah. And now the situation was totally unexpected. She didn't ever imagine herself to be in this situation.

She looked at Farah, who smiled at her nodding her head quickly up and down...telling her to embrace the happiness with open hands. Then at Rozina, who looked at her with hopeful eyes, wanting her to say yes. Zehna was already looking at her, a smile never leaving her face already on the verge of calling her "Bhabi."

She looked down fidgeting with her fingers. Her heart is yelling at her to accept their offer, yet her brain wants her to look at the irrational side.

Inhaling sharply she bobbed her head up and down slowly and as if the three ladies were waiting for her answer as they jumped in happiness crushing her in a hug.

××××××××××

She had often wondered in novels and movies, how the bride's or groom's relative are on death bed and demands the nikah to be done immediately. But her condition was totally unexpected. Her mind was running miles as she sat beside her husband in his car on their way to her Mamujan's house. Now her's too.

Sighing she opened the window letting the harsh yet fresh air blow on her face. Riyaz looked at her for a second, "Are you okay?" She cried her heart out with her sister after Nikah, and its after effects were clearly visible in her eyes. Nothing will be the same from now on. Rozina won't visit their parents, she won't be allowed to even enter. It seems like they became orphans in just a moment. And even if they didn't voice it out, it was the only thing they were crying about.

"What do you think? Should I be okay?" Rida asked, still looking outside.

"I think you should be okay. You are out of that toxic nikah and got a handsome lad as your husband." When she looked at him on his first words, he winked at her completing his last, making her blush.

"As if!" She scoffed. "I have seen better." She mocked.

"Believe me sweetheart. You haven't." His husky voice and slow words were enough to shut her up as red hue spread across her cheeks. She looked away. He laughed.

Life seems to be normal, from this journey onwards.

××××××××××

"Mamujaan?" They were sitting on the dining table having dinner when she called out to him. "Ammi abbu ka kya?" Her question made everyone stop for a moment.

She knew they wouldn't sit silent after what she had done, that too after her father had fixed her nikah.

"Don't worry beta. I will handle everything. Or ab to tum Riyaz ki biwi ho, wo log chah kar bhi kuch nahi kar sakte." She nodded absent mindedly at him and continued having delicious biryani, that was the only thing she was happy about. Even though the function, the rituals didn't take place, she got to eat Biryani of her Nikah...and she was grateful.

"Mami biryani bohot maze ki bani hai..." she moaned in pleasure, taking another bite while Riyaz, who was drinking water, started coughing beside her.

Shrugging her shoulders she kept eating her Nikah's biryani without any care for the first time, as far as she remembered without the worry of her parents.

But how could her parents let her eat in peace for once?

"RIDAAAAA. TUMHARI HIMMAT KAISE HUI? BAHAR NIKLO!" Her breath stuck in her throat as she heard the angry voice of her father. She felt like her soul left her body and her hands gave away. She expected the reaction, but she didn't expect them to know this soon. No! This can't be possible. This was too soon. She didn't even digest the idea of being married. And now...