~ Chapter - 21 ~

(About the picture- Ilaria and Catherine.)

- I L A R I A - 

"You could have stayed for the night, you know. It would have been so fun." Carmella frowned. She is not happy at all since Elijah called. We made so many plans for this night. 

"I wish I could but what if Elijah really wants to talk about something important." I sighed. I really wanted to spend the night with them but Lijah never calls me so it have to be something important.

"That idiot won't have any imporatnt shit to talk about." She muttered. I wished them all goodnight and made my way back home. Catherine's car wasn't in the doorway which shocked me a little. I had thought he called me because she is here. I opened the door and saw the twins bickering over something.

"Hey, where is Elijah?" I asked taking off my shoes.

"Wait." Xander said and searched his pocket. "He isn't with me. Check somewhere else." I rolled my eyes at his stupid behavior. Who would believe he is 17?

"Hey Aria! You're back." I turned around and saw Elijah smiling at me. I smiled back. He is behaving differently today, maybe because it's my birthday.

"Hi. You are back soon today?" I said, well more like asked.

"Mhm. I brought your favorite cake for you and also some snacks. So, I thought maybe we could celebrate a little." He said. I was taken aback. He wants to celebrate suddenly? Why? Did I missed something? Are Mom and Dad back?

"Don't be shocked. I should've done this before and I'm sorry about that. I know we have kinda drifted away from each other but I don't want it to continue now. I'm really sorry." He said. I looked at him with wide eyes. One part of me was waiting for him to shout 'Just kidding' and laugh at me but it never happened. Instead he kept looking at me waiting for me to answer. 

"It's okay." I said with a weak smile and his lips immediately curved up in a smile. Now if I think about it, he was in the wrong too but at least he wasn't that bad. Sure, he wasn't being the best brother but he wasn't being the worst either. It's better to ignore someone than to hurt them.

"If your emotional drama is done, I want the cake please." Xander commented sarcastically. What a good way to ruin a moment! 

"Then buy your own." Lijah shot back and their bickering started once again. After they were done, Lijah helped me place everything on the table. We cut the cake, actually it was just me and him. Xander was just there for food and Xavier didn't even care to get up from his place. 

"Here." Lijah said handing me a wrapped present. "Cath sent it for you. She wanted to come but something came up." 

"It's okay. She already called me." I said and opened the box and it was a wristwatch and it was stunning. I placed it on my hand and showed it to him. 

"How is it?" I asked.

"Beautiful." He said and ruffled my hair. 

"Here." He said giving me the cake. It looked delicious but I was full from the party at Kiara's earlier. I feel I'll throw up if I eat more now.

"Sorry, I'm actually full. I'll eat it tomorrow though." I said.

"But where did you ate?" He asked.

"At Kiara's. They threw a party today for my birthday." I said. He nodded looking a bit disappointed. I felt guilty but there is nothing I can do. And I'll really eat it tomorrow. He should have told me earlier. 

"Wow. Don't be such an ungrateful brat now. At least appreciate your big brother's efforts." Xander mocked. 

"Leave her alone man. What the hell is your problem? She said she isn't hungry." Lijah snapped. It felt nice that he stood up for me for once. Xander scoffed at him and that was when Xavier finally decided to get off his phone. 

"He isn't wrong though. Defend her all you want but your face shows what you feel." He said pointing a finger at him accusingly.

"Just go away, will you? Shut your dirty mouth if you have nothing nice to say." Lijah growled. I could suddenly feel the increasing tension in the room. They were both glaring at each other. I wanted to disappear. Ugh why do I have to deny the cake? I could have eaten a bit and all of this could've been avoided. Stupid me. 

"Stop pretending to be nice now. We all know you are doing all this for the sake of Catherine. She must be dumb-" He said pointing at me. "-but we aren't. So you better drop this act." 

My eyes jumped from Lijah to Xander when a loud slap echoed through the room and Xavier's head jerked to his side. I let out a shocked gasp. Elijah was burning in anger and so was Xander. I had a feeling this isn't going to end well.

"Often I wish I was a women...... then realise I don't have enough guts, talent, sense of sacrifice, selfless love or beauty to be one. Thank you girls."
-Shahrukh Khan.

Hi Everyone!
How are you all doing?

I hope you liked this chapter. Tell me what you'll like to see next. I'll be doing one of the twins POV soon too as one of you suggested.

We have crossed 1k votes and I'm so happy and grateful to each one of you. Thank you so much. All of you who vote on every chapter thank you very much. I love y'all. ✨✨

Question of the chapter- What is your best memory (or memories) from your childhood?

-Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💜