Chapter 7....

Our food was long gone and we occasionally passed the water bottle back and forth. I pushed aside the fact that we were sharing the same bottle, our lips touching the same part. It was now past midnight and I was exhausted. How I longed for my warm bed.

A shiver ran through me making my whole body shake. The elevator had dropped in temperature over the last hour. The metal box not keeping our body heat in. I wrapped my arms around my legs trying to ignore the slight cold.

"Here." Wyatt reached into his bag and pulled out a long sleeve jersey. "It's slightly dirty," he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as he held it out for me. "But its warm."

My fingers grasped the surprisingly thick jersey. The fabric was thick and tough yet soft at the same time. I scooted over a little bit so I wouldn't hit him as I pulled the jersey over my head. It pretty much drowned me but I didn't care. Not when I was already feeling a bit warmer.

As soon as I put it on I was hit with the most mouthwatering smell. I could smell some kind of cologne that I instantly loved, mixed with sweat. As weird as it sounded when some guys sweated it smelled...weirdly good. The only way I could describe it was manly.

I looked over at him, already finding Wyatt looking at me. His jaw was clenched and his eyes almost looked a shade darker.

"Better?" His voice was a bit deeper and raspier.

"It is." I nodded.

"Come here. If we stay close our body heat will help keep up warm." Wyatt lifted his arm indicating for me to slide under it. While I was putting on his jersey he had moved his bag to act like a pillow as he laid further down on it. No part of me hesitated. It was not everyday someone like me got to be close to a guy as attractive as Wyatt.

"Uh huh body heat," I teased as I scooted into his side, his arm falling around my shoulders.

"Hey my mom raised me to be a gentleman." My body had a mind of its own as I pressed closer into his side, curling into it. His arm dropped lower to wrap around my waist.

"Tell me about your family." I found myself whispering for some reason. I could feel the exhaustion coming off of both of us as we laid there in the quiet elevator.

"Well my mom is amazing. She's literally the back bone of my family. She would drive my brothers and I back and forth from school to the rink every single day, and still come home to make dinner for us. If anyone of us needed anything she was there." Wyatt talked, the love for his mom clear as day in his voice. You could tell she meant everything to him.

"She sounds amazing." My head was now laying on his chest, my arms around his middle. The two of us laying on the hard elevator floor wrapped in each other.

"She is."

"How many brothers do you have?"

"Two. Landon is the oldest. He's 28 and loves to parent me and my younger brother. Sometimes he comes off as an asshole but he means well. He actually runs an ice skating rink where he helps trains kids and teenagers. And he's the coach to a little league team."

"He didn't want to go professional like you?" The questions were leaving my mouth on their own but Wyatt didn't seem to mind.

"Nah he wasn't in love with it like I am but he still loves it to coach and teach."

"And your younger brother?"

"Mateo. He is 17, actually turns 18 in two weeks. That kid," He chuckled, the sound vibrating in my ear. "he never sits still. He plays hockey as well as football and if he could he'd play more but my mom put her foot down at two sports. He's a good kid though."

I loved hearing him talk about his family. It was clear they were a close family, really close. I may have only just met Wyatt today but I already knew he'd move mountains for his family. It just made me respect him even more.

As he kept telling me about his brothers I felt my eyes get heavier and heavier. Wrapped in his arms and his jersey I felt warm. Safe. I tried to fight it but slowly his voice began to fade and I found myself drifting off to sleep.

I was pretty sure it was all in my head when I felt someones lips on my forehead as I fell asleep.