29❦

29

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

I feel my body and mind slowly waking up.

Disorientated, I slowly open my eyes.

As the fogginess clears I remember I'm in Olivia's house. After I ran from the police station I ended up in a random field feeling completely lost, the farther I ran the more broken I felt.

It took me miles to realize that it was because I was running away from everything I always wanted.

I won't leave my friends to face the wrath of my brother alone. I thought running would keep them safe, that I could fix everything by disappearing. But then I remembered how good my brother is at finding anyone with a digital trace.

I'm sure since we were all arrested together, and he knows the station since they left a voicemail, that he will figure it out.

And If I'm not there for him to get his hands on, he'll take it out on my friends.

I won't let that happen.

The only way I can assure that they will be safe is if I somehow get him away from them, if and when he finds me that is.

I ran back to the station as fast as I could, only to find out they had all been released and took my phone with them.

I ran to Blake's, they weren't there, so I ran here.

I guess I fell asleep right after Olivia worriedly helped me inside, she offered to get me a glass of water and that was the last thing I can remember.

I've done my fair share of running in my lifetime, but nothing that far and certainly not being so worried as I was. It's a different kind of fear, being worried for someone else.

When my brother came after me before, when he beat me or locked me in the basement I was always frightened, scared for my life. But the crippling fear I felt when I realized I left my friends, that they might get hurt because of me, was something unworldly.

I try to sit up, but a weight is holding me down.

An arm actually, and when my eyes land on the face it's connected to I feel tears burn my eyes.

Blake sits criss cross on the floor beside me, head resting on the bed, arm draped across my waist.

I can't wrap my head around why he cares for me, but he shows me everyday.

I try to ignore it, to not read too far into it because each day I'm around him I can feel myself growing attached.

He makes my heart skip a beat when he smiles at me, butterflies flutter in my stomach every time he looks in my direction.

I hate myself for feeling it, I know he's just being nice because he feels bad for me, he's a good guy who can't leave a girl to live on the streets.

But I like him, as more than a friend, I know I shouldn't, but I do.

The way he makes sure I eat, or get enough sleep or his worried eyes scan the room only relaxing when they land on me, how could I not catch feelings for him?

I've never felt anything like it before, it's overwhelming and getting harder to ignore.

Blake's captivating blue eyes flutter open, my breath catches in my throat as they land on me. "Hey." I whisper.

He blinks a few times, trying to wake up and then his face shoots off the bed. "Hey! Are you ok? Why did you take off? Are you feeling ok? Do you need anything? I'm so fucking sorry Rose, I didn't know Conway would take it so far and you got hurt because of it and now your brother is in the mix and God I'm so sorry." He rambles, gasping for breath at the end.