~12

Avalon's POV:

We won our game, after the victory food I get a ride with Jesse back home.

"That was a good game, good blocking", I say to Jesse.

"Good attacking and scoring", he smiles.

"Do you think the scouts will be interested in Luciano and Felix?"

"I hope so, they are good players, but their eyes were on you and Bryce most of the time", he shrugs.

"Well, next year is when I'll be a senior, doesn't mean I can't get a placement before that."

He nods.

When I get home, dad is in the living room talking to a guy that is sitting opposite him.

"Hey Avalon, come sit", dad smiles.

I frown and sit next to dad, he has a smile on his face.

What's going on?

"Avalon West,  I am with a university, I like what I see out there today", the man says, "I am one of the scouts that attended the game."

Oh

"You got some serious talent, I will have my eyes on you and maybe next year you can get a scholarship with us."

"Really?"

He nods, "we'll keep in touch", he hands me his card, "good win."

"Thank you", I shake his hand.

Dad shakes his hand and walks him out.

"This is huge Avalon, a scholarship", dad grins, "I will call your mother tomorrow and tell her."

I nod, she is working.

"Keep working hard, I know you love this journey in university getting to play your favorite sport."

I nod and go up the stairs. I enter my room and close the door looking down at the card, I smile, I have a chance to get into a university on scholarship and still get to play ball.

My phone rings, it's Jesse.

"Hey Ava, Luciano just called, a scout talked  to him and said he got his eye on him, he's from Sydney University and told him to send in his application as soon as possible."

"No way", I gasp.

"Yes way, my boy has a chance to get a full scholarship."

"Congrats to him, maybe after practice tomorrow we can go out to celebrate", I suggest.

"Aren't you grounded?"

"You're right", I sigh.

"We'll come over and hang out by the pool", he offers.

"Thanks."

"See you tomorrow."

I hang up.

1 hour later

I return downstairs for dinner, it's takeout night, dad and Avery are already at the table.

"Avalon has something to tell you Avery", dad states.

I shake my head, I didn't want her going back and telling the group my business.

She looks at me.

"It's nothing", I wave her off, and dad sighs.

"So Avery, how are you and Donovan doing?"

She shrugs, "alright."

"Things seem a little tense last week at dinner."