Epilogue

Bryce's POV:

One year later

I am heading to France within the next month, I have been drafted and was offered a scholarship to study at a university there which starts at the beginning of September. I have graduated from school last week just before the July break like Avery and Donovan, they have already moved their things to Avery's aunt's house.

Avery got accepted into Boston Univerisity and so did Donovan on a scholarship to play soccer, that was a surprise to all of us especially Avery, her father and aunt helped him with the application and the coach reach out to scouts over there.

Avalon and I have been together for over a year now and I confess that I love her on our anniversary in May. 

Avalon decided she'll start university in the spring in America, she applied a bit late to Georgetown University and was on the waiting list. 

The rest of our friends will be staying in Australia, Jesse got a scholarship to the University of Sydney so he'll be seeing Luciano a lot and Bailey got accepted there as well.

Mr. Wes decided to move back to America since both his daughters decided to study in America, he can be close to his wife once again, they drifted apart for a while and almost went their separate ways if the twins and their family didn't step in. 

Thankfully the girls aren't too far away from Chicago, that's where their parents will be living. Avery can go spend the weekend sometimes with them since she is less than an hour and a half drive away with Donovan.

My parents aren't moving back to France and I'll miss Abby dearly, last Christmas Abby met our family for the first time and thankfully her French was good enough for them and she learned more for the few weeks we were there. Avalon joined us as well and my grandparents loved her, she did French in school so she knew the basics.

While I was in France for the first week during the holidays I bumped into my ex-girlfriend, she was surprised to see and asked if I was still planning on coming back to study which I answered yes and that I have moved on.

We exchanged social media usernames to keep in contact, she wasn't a bad person and tag me in a post of her graduation with some of my old friends who Avalon met while in France.

I don't know what the future holds for Avalon and me next month with the distance, but if her aunt made it, we can too although their distance wasn't far, I am over an entire ocean from Avalon.

We are all in Europe right now for the twins'18th birthday except Mr. West, he has the house and other stuff to sort out before officially moving to America.

"Why are you frowning?" Avalon kisses my forehead, "I thought this getaway is to forget what the future holds?" She straddles me.

"I can't help it when we go back to America, you're staying there while I go to Australia spend as much time as possible with my parents and Abby then see you one last time before going to France for studies and playing soccer hopefully to make it to the big leagues", I sigh.

I didn't have anything much to carry with me to France because clothes can always be replaced and I already have a house there, my parents put it in my name so my grandparents were taking care of it until I return, the university isn't far from where I'll be living thankfully.

"We will work out and I promise to watch as many games you play as possible on TV, remember I am flying over in November", she reminds me, "stop worrying unless you're worried about your ex-girlfriend?"

"Why would I be?"

"Exactly, once you're in love with me, that's good enough for me that you wouldn't be going after French girls especially when you make it to the big leagues", she states.