Chapter 18 : Extraction

Morris returned to the conference room, by now the guests were enjoying a live perform.

His jaw dropped as he turned to the stage. The little blonde girl was dancing with a dozen other girls. And she was good, hopping in the air doing splits, turning and smiling like she belongs to the stage.

He waited until the performance was over, caught JoJo at the backstage.

"What the hell was that?"

"You said blend in!"

"Not on stage??" he looked to see if they were spotted.

"Everyone went up there. I would stand out if I didn't."

Impressed by her thinking, Morris nodded.

"You're right. That was a good call! Where did you learn to dance like that?"

"My mother made me learn Kalinka since I was three." JoJo said proudly. "How did I do?"

"You danced beautifully!"

Little did he know, JoJo rarely gets compliment from her parents on dancing, his words brought sunshine to her face, but her light soon faded.

"If only my father could see it!"

"I'm sure he will!" Morris patted her head.

"Time to go." Slava reminded.

"Who's this?" JoJo stared at the woman in dislike, as if she was Morris' new girlfriend.

"I'll explain on the way."

"Did you find my father?" JoJo turned to Morris.

"He's not here. Let's go." she heard the woman said.

"But I need to change!" JoJo looked at her red and white costume.

"No time. Just grab your clothes!"

They went out the way they came, and met the young lieutenant face to face. The boy began to sweat the moment he saw JoJo, stood straight and presented a formal solute.

Still in her folk dance costume, JoJo poked the young soldier's chest and snarled.

"You made me miss my show! My Father is going to have your HEAD!!"

She snapped her fingers across his face, it was not as loud as Morris, but enough to make the boy flinched, like he just took a stab in the chest.

JoJo, Morris and Slava walked on, leaving the newly promoted soldier on the brink of tears.

"How does it feel pulling rank?" Morris amused.

"SO Good!!" JoJo exhaled.