Ch. 5: Jalebis

Ayaara's P.O.V.

"I saw you guys have Hershey Kisses in the kitchen and I asked her if I could have a Kiss. She said she'd give me one later. It's American chocolate, right? I've always wanted to try it," Faris continued nonchalantly.

Bhai and Bhabi glanced at each other before laughing quietly.

Phew!

"Yeah, mhm, you guys know how people always say Cadbury is better? He wanted to compare it himself," I added quickly.

"Cadbury is good, but I was kind of missing some American chocolates, so I told Zahid to ask Javed if he could bring some when he came for Ayaara's graduation and he did. You can also try the other ones too, Faris," Mehwish Bhabi expressed as she served us slices of the cake.

"I'd love to."

"Faris, I think there's a game on," Bhai informed him, "Let's eat on the couch."

"We'll shift there too then," Bhabi handed Bhai a bowl.

We all walked over to the living room.

I sat down on one of the sofa's, expecting Faris to sit next to me as he normally did since Bhai and Bhabi usually sit together, but he sat down on a different one.

I stood up to sit next to him, but then he spoke, "Zahid Bhai, sit next to me. I'll show you the rankings of the players on my phone. You'll get a better idea of who's who since you're not that familiar with the players."

He didn't even bother to look at me as I subtly gave him puppy eyes.

Mehwish Bhabi sat down next to me, "Sit, Ayaara. Did you like the cake?"

I sat down and stuffed a forkful in my mouth, looking at Faris with my eyebrows furrowed, "Mhm."

While she chatted to me about a show she and Bhai have been watching recently, I kept peeking at Faris, but he didn't even glance at me once.

"It's getting late," Faris said after checking the time on his phone when the game ended.

"We should get going," I added.

He had given me a ride here.

"Stay with us, Ayaara, you can leave in the morning after breakfast. Faris, you should stay too. There's another guestroom."

There were four bedrooms in the house.

"No, Bhai. Thanks for the offer, but I should go," Faris refused politely.

"Next time then. Ayaara, you're staying," Mehwish Bhabi linked her arm with mine.

I nodded.

"Thank you for the delicious dinner guys, I'll see you soon. Good night," he smiled at them.

Bhai and Bhabi echoed a good night.

"I'll see myself out, it's alright. Thank you." he said to Bhai when he said he'd escort him outside.

Faris left out the door without turning to look at or saying anything to me.

"Babe, you can get ready for bed, I'll put the cake away," Bhaijaan told Mehwish Bhabi.

"You know what? I think I left my phone charger in Faris's car. I was charging it one the way here," I stated while scurrying to the front door, not waiting for an answer.

"Faris!" I called as he placed his hand on the car door handle.

He turned around.

I hugged him with my arms around his neck.