Another Saber

~Y/n's POV~

Manny began to walk away leaving the baby on the ground.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, Manny, Manny, are you forgetting something?" me and Sid turned to him expectantly, I mean I know why Manny wants to leave the baby here, but he is still a baby, can't do any harm.

"No." Manny replied.

"But-- but you just saved him." Sid stated the obvious.

"Yeah, well, I'm still trying to get rid of the last thing I saved." I rolled my eyes, I mean we're stubborn but not this stubborn.

"Manny, we can't leave him here." I told him firmly, causing him to turn and look at me as I watched Sid pick up the cooing child.

"Look, there's smoke. That's his herd right up the hill. We should return him." Sid pointed out the smoke to me and Manny.

"Let's get something straight here, okay? There is no 'we.' apart from me and Y/n. There never was a 'we.' In fact, without us, there wouldn't even be a 'you.'" Manny raised his voice while getting in Sid's face, I just sat and rolled my eyes.

"Just up the hill." Sid said a little scared, this made me smile.

"Listen very carefully. I'm. Not. Going." Manny said while using his trunk as a little puppet.

"Manny come on, he's a baby, it can't do any harm to us. If we return it we can go." I tried to reason with Manny, who stood and thought until Sid opened his stupid mouth.

"Fine. Be a jerk. I'll take care of him." I mentally face palmed myself, I was about to get through to Manny.

"Oh yeah that's good. You'll take care of him. You can't even take care of yourself. This I gotta see."

"Manny.." I growled at him.

"What?"

 "This could have been avoided if you weren't so damn stubborn or mean."

"Says you, you're just as bad as me miss 'I'm so perfect'" This earned a glare from me, causing Manny to chuckle nervously, good, I thought but then we heard grunts and turned to see Sid attempting a climb up the mountain when he could just go around, I rolled my eyes at this.

"You're an embarrassment to nature. Do you know that?" I couldn't help but smirk up at Sid, because this was quite the show.

"This is cake. I'm fine. I'm fine." The last part Sid mumbled. Oh no, I thought, the baby is slipping! As the baby fell out of his case, Sid caught him with his foot while I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Manny!" Sid yelled clearly not going to be able to hold the baby for much longer.

"Manny, we need to do something!" I said to many standing up getting ready to do whatever was needed, my motherly instincts kicking in. The baby dropped and as Manny was about to catch him with his trunk a... Saber! A saber jumped and caught the baby. I stood in shock as I stared at the tiger, snapping out of my daze when I realized him go for Manny who now had the baby. I leaped in front of Manny standing protectively over my big brother and the baby, I growled at the other saber. The saber noticed me and sat in shock before quickly pushing that away, clearing his throat.

"Um, that pink thing is mine." the saber stated more towards me than the others.

"Uh, no, actually, that pink thing belongs to us." Ugh it is a baby, come on.

I watched Sid fall the rest of the way down to the ground, and tried not to chuckle because I was still protecting Manny and the baby from another saber.

"Us? You 3 are a bit of an odd couple." the tiger stated, causing me to be in shock, honestly did he really think a mammoth, a sloth and a sabre were a couple?

"There is no us! Just me and Y/n." as soon as my name was spoken I snarled up at the saber. He looked down at me blankly but in his eyes I could see a hint of impressment, wait, did I impress him? I thought until I realized his eyes were a beautiful Jade colour, they were amazing. WHAT!? No, I can't think that way. I shook that thought right out of my head, and continued to protect.

"I see. Can't have one of your own, so you want to adopt." the saber stated, ugh, seriously.

"Look, I'm sorry to interrupt your snack, but we got to go." Sid said.

"The baby? Please. I was returning him to his herd." the tiger edge closer and closer towards where Sid was trying to drag or pick up the baby, I don't know.

"Oh, yeah. Nice try, bucktooth." I felt a little offended by that one and Manny could tell so gave me a reassuring smile, which I gladly returned.

"You calling me a liar?"

"I didn't say that." Sid replied showing his nervousness.

"You were thinking it."

"I don't like this cat. He can read minds." Sid whispered to me and Manny, I slightly chuckled but only low enough for Manny to hear.

"Name's Diego, friend." the tiger, now called Diego, stated while sitting up. Now I relaxed a little more when I noticed him not taking any other move on us.

"Manfred. And I'm not your friend." I looked up at Manny, then back at Diego.

"Fine, Manfred. If you're looking for the humans, you're wasting your time. They left this morning." Diego told us.

"Thanks for the advice. Now beat it." I stayed silent as Manny did the talking, I didn't want to give any information or Diego anytime to do anything.

"Alright, I'll help you bring it to it's herd. But promise me that you'll leave us alone after that." Manny told Sid before beginning to walk off.

"Okay. Okay, deal." Sid agreed, that's something new. "Hey what's your problem?"

"You are my problem."

"Well, I think you're stressed, and that's why you eat so much. I mean it's hard to get fat on a vegan diet."

"I'm not fat. It's all this fur. It makes me look poofy." I shook my head at the 2 and turned back to see Diego watch the baby and turn to me, I growled once more before catching up with the other 3, standing alongside Sid and the baby.