ten -edited-

The snow had finally hit the ground, covering everything, and making our surroundings blindingly white. It's got everyone on edge but at least we've got this last normal day before everything hits the fan. We sit at dad's, me in Jacob's lap on the couch beside Seth with Nessie and Leah by the tree. Edward and Bella stand off to the side. "All right! Present time! Let's go!" Dad walks into the room clapping, gaining everyone's attention. "Seth, Jake, stop eating." He motions Bella and Edward over before looking at Leah. "Leah, you start. Get it going." Seth takes it upon himself to ask Leah what she got him.

"I'm not giving you anything." She says in return. "Hey, come on, what did you get me?" He laughs. Bella walks in, Edward on her heels. "Well, Dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours, but here it is." She hands him the present we know is gonna get him away long enough to keep him safe. "It's a 5-day fishing trip to Fraser River. It's for you and Sue." "You leave tomorrow," Edward says. Jacob shifts uncomfortably underneath me. "I can move," I whisper, going to move when his hands tighten, he kisses beneath my jaw after shaking his head. "Wow, that's really nice. Thank you." Dad pulls my attention back to him when he talks.

"Tomorrow? I can't leave tomorrow." He says. "I made arrangements for you at work," Sue says as she walks in. Jacob shifts again and then all I can focus on is if I did something wrong to make him not want to sit with me. Soon enough Jacob says he has to go to the bathroom and he picks me up, setting me on the couch before walking away. I sigh and Seth looks at me. "Everything okay?" "Yeah, yeah, I'm good." I force a smile and look at Bella who's busy looking at the present Leah made for Nessie. A necklace, it was gorgeous. Jacob soon comes back, breathing out a quick breath.

"Elizabeth, baby, could you come here?" He asks. I nod, pushing myself up and grabbing my crutches. When I walk over he takes the crutches, leaning them against the wall. I turn and look at Bella with furrowed brows. She shrugs. I turn back to him to find him on one knee. "Elizabeth," He starts as my eyes automatically well up with tears. "You are everything I've ever wanted and more. I can't believe I was lucky enough to get you. Now I know, you're only seventeen but will you do me the honor of marrying me?" I nod immediately. He stands, wrapping his arms around me.

He presses his lips to mine for a moment before pulling away, slipping the ring on my finger. I look at dad to find him smiling, I feel like he knew all along. I spare a quick glance at Edward who nods discreetly. We sit back on the couch, Jacob's arms wrapped tightly around my waist, his hand sitting on my left, fingers moving over the ring every once in a while. When we're leaving he pulls me off to the side. "I couldn't say everything I wanted to in there, but you got the gist of it." He says. I laugh, pushing his shoulder. "Lizabeth, if I survive this thing with the Volturi, I'm marrying you the next day." He promises.

I set one hand on either side of his face, pulling him to me. "You're gonna survive. And we're gonna get married. That's how you need to think." I huff. He laughs, picking me up and walking me to his truck. "I love you." He says, pressing his lips to mine. "I love you," I whisper when we pull away. That night I stay at Emily's again, knowing Jacob is busy with the upcoming fight. He and Leah were told that if anything goes wrong they grab Nessie and me and they leave. Bella doesn't think we're gonna survive this. I don't think we're gonna survive this, but I have to keep a strong face for Jacob.

I'm supposed to stay with Emily, Kim, and Jacob's sister, Rachel, during the fight. It's been a while since I've seen Rachel so she should be surprised. Paul had imprinted on her a little while ago but she went back down to wherever she was so she could move her things and find a job up here to be with Paul. Emily rushes into the living room, handing me my crutches quickly. "Come on, the boys are leaving." I stand, going as fast as I can before discarding my crutches and running to Jacob. He grabs my hips, pulling me to him. "You better come home," I state, holding him tightly.

"I'm gonna come home. I'll be in one piece this time." He says quietly, kissing my forehead. I pull back and he grabs my face, pressing his lips to mine aggressively. "I'll be back." He pulls away completely, kissing my forehead one last time before starting to walk off with Sam, Jared, and Paul. Rachel looks at me then away then quickly back at me again. "Elizabeth? Elizabeth Swan?" She asks. "Yeah." "When did you move back? And did I see you kissing my brother?" I laugh nervously, nodding. "Almost two years ago and possibly?" She smiles. "It's good to see Jake happy."

I smile, not feeling as nervous anymore. "So, have you met Kim yet?" She asks. "We've met, we just haven't talked. Jacob likes to keep me to himself." I shrug, knowing I should've made an effort to talk to the other imprints. "I can see why, you must have guys fawning over you." My face goes red and I laugh. "No, no, um, just Jacob." "And Embry." Emily butts in, smirking. "Shut up." I push her shoulder, going back inside with the girls following. "Ooh!" Kim laughs and Rachel smirks. "Embry and I are just friends. And Jacob and I are," I pause, knowing none of the girls know yet.

I stick my hand out. "Engaged," I say quickly when Emily grabs my hand. "When did this happen?" She squeals. "Just the other day." "How old are you?" Rachel asks. "Seventeen," I mumble, looking at my cast. "Are you sure this is what you want?" Kim asks. "He's been thinking about it since we were sixteen." I defend. "But what about you?" Rachel butts in. "I haven't wanted anything more." I huff, glaring at them. "Okay." She raises her hands in defense. "He says if he survives he's marrying me the next day," I state. "That's adorable," Emily says.